J. C. Penney Beauty Leader SiJCP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Beauty Leader SiJCP Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.5

SIJCP Beauty Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Interviewing with the Sephora side was fantastic. High energy and was very helpful all around. The bad part was you had to interview with the store manager. I arrived for my interview early and she clearly forgot and asked if I could reschedule. Upon my rescheduled interview she made me wait over 25 minutes. She had poor time management and I should have seen this as a sign to working with her being a nightmare.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

SIJCP Beauty Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was your standard, "tell me about a time you.. " interview. I went through a series of 3 interviews but have heard some beauty leaders didn't even go through that. It will all depend on your stores general manager and how tough they are. My interview was very relaxed. My advise would be to speak in specifics and give good examples of what you have done, rather than general answers or what you would do.

Interview Questions

• what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a task to do during the day, how did you go about doing it? (Looking for delegation skills)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a boss and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Beauty Leader SiJCP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I am a Beauty Leader and am posting this for anyone interested in working for Sephora inside JCPenneys. It is the best place to work in JCP and the cosmetic industry. The pay is based on experience and location and is much better than the rest of JCP.

Hiring process- Apply for a position in Sephora via JCPenneys website. You have to answer a sales assessment survey that is standard in retail. The Beauty Leader will call you and set up an interview time. For a Beauty Leader posisition, a field manager or recruiter will call you.

Interview process- SiJCP uses behavioral interviewing. The questions should be answered with a situation, action, & result. Some of the questions are- Describe a time you had to sell a product or idea to someone, what did you do & what was the result. Tell me about a time at work when a lot of people needed help. How do you prioritize your day? SiJCP looks for energetic, talkative, smart, bubbly people who love to work with people & can sell. Experience in make up and or skin care is not necessary. You do have to wear make up and it is always important to know about Sephora and some of its brands. Dressing appropriately is important also.

After the interview with the Beauty Leader, you will interview with the Talent Resource Leader or the Store Leader. They are looking for high energy, sales, & professionalism.

It can take 2 weeks or longer to hire someone so it's best not to call and "check up" on your interview. A thank you email is great so ask for the business card of the person who interviews you. Do not go to the store requesting an interview. You will get a phone call if they are hiring. Passion, positivity, energy, conversation skills, great sales ability, and looking the part will help get you the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone was shopping and not buying anything, what did you do to make them feel at ease and make a purchase?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is set by the company based on your experience in retail and sales. There is not a lot of negotiation room.