J. C. Penney Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

I walked into the office of the Human Resources. Our visit turned into an interview, and she hired me on the spot. There was no second interview. She was very open to the fact that I had never been in retail before, and agreed to work with me.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked in retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

short and very sample. the interviewer was talking too much instead of asking me the questions. it took a while for me to get a call and start working. they pay good for starters.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and easy questions such as "what do you think it takes to be successfull in this position" . Be very positive and outgoing when talking to them. If you are successful in this positino their benifits are tremendous.

Interview Questions

• What do you thi k it takes to be successfull in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be an outgoing individual that has the mos up attitude that wants to be their and assist the customers when ever you can get the chance..

Cashier Interview

Interview

Did my application online, and got a call back in about a week. Got asked to come in and do an interview, Got hired on the spot, and started working the next day.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

applied online, called back a few weeks later, came in to interview and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewer was very unfriendly and seemed very bored, not at all interested in hiring me from the start. It was my first job interview, and it was very awkward and super short. Interviewer asked what position I wanted, what hours I was available, and a few generic questions all beginning with, "name a time where you ________" etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make a sincere effort to succeed after a previous failure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

She called me for an interview and ask about my work experiences and ask me when i'll be available. my interview is today at 3:30.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Denver, CO) in December 2010.

Interview

There was only one interview I got there got verry nervous and forgot what to say at times

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Ontario, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I met with 3 people. First with the HR Supervisor. I passed her test so I moved on to one of the training supervisors. I passed that interview and moved on with the Store Manager and He offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked him if when can i expect a phone call back, he said if i wanted the job I said yes and offered it to me.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Bangkok (Thailand)) in January 2017.

Interview

I asked for job they give me work they pay money I take money I protec they attac whomst whomstdve to protec is too attac they also ask if I want money I said yes