J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.8

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Montclair, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was scheduled on National Hiring Day, I had planned on walking in, till I received the phone call to come in. It was nice group of people who showed up. Friendly employees, the lady was very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How I would help a customer if they came to me looking for something   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Group interview. It was relaxed. Played games, had open conversation. Myself and two other got hired from about eight. After the group interview they called us with a job offer

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Salinas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process went good and they conducted group interviews. We had to pick something from their sales ad and try to sell it to one of the other interviewees.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

two part interview . one group & one private . fairly easy , had to assist a customer to see how you managed. Had to watch 4 long demonstration videos

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA).

Interview

I submitted an application. Department manager took me back for an interview right away. He hired me on the spot and asked me to start in two days when the training manager returned to work from vacation.

Interview Questions

• How are you with credit applications?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Gainesville, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a quick and simple interview, hiring managers were extremely friendly and were willing to work with me in every situation brought up. I got to meet the store manager the same day of my interview which was a great honor. They never made me feel discouraged in any way, they make sure that you feel like a part of the JC Penney family as son as you walk into the store.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability? Have you had any customer service experience or retail work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview depends on greatly who is interviewing you. My interviews all went smoothly and I was hired in the first round. They ask simple questions, like who you worked for before and if you are in school.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult situation at work you had to fix? Describe it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I was prepped by an HR rep then had the actual interview with the HR manager. I received the offer right after the interview but the offer is contingent on a background check then once it checks out you'd be in the next training class.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone that you don't get along with at the workplace?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Quick. Basic questions to see if you understand the job. I applied based on a friend's recommendation and was interviewed and hired within 2 weeks. I was asked into the store manager's office and she asked me a few basic questions, showed me an orientation video, and let me know what my job woukd entail.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was really easy going and great interaction with other canadiates . Creative stress free interviewing process. So far a great place to work for the holiday season.