J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Salinas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process went good and they conducted group interviews. We had to pick something from their sales ad and try to sell it to one of the other interviewees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

two part interview . one group & one private . fairly easy , had to assist a customer to see how you managed. Had to watch 4 long demonstration videos

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA).

Interview

I submitted an application. Department manager took me back for an interview right away. He hired me on the spot and asked me to start in two days when the training manager returned to work from vacation.

Interview Questions

• How are you with credit applications?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Gainesville, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a quick and simple interview, hiring managers were extremely friendly and were willing to work with me in every situation brought up. I got to meet the store manager the same day of my interview which was a great honor. They never made me feel discouraged in any way, they make sure that you feel like a part of the JC Penney family as son as you walk into the store.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability? Have you had any customer service experience or retail work experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I was prepped by an HR rep then had the actual interview with the HR manager. I received the offer right after the interview but the offer is contingent on a background check then once it checks out you'd be in the next training class.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone that you don't get along with at the workplace?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Quick. Basic questions to see if you understand the job. I applied based on a friend's recommendation and was interviewed and hired within 2 weeks. I was asked into the store manager's office and she asked me a few basic questions, showed me an orientation video, and let me know what my job woukd entail.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was really easy going and great interaction with other canadiates . Creative stress free interviewing process. So far a great place to work for the holiday season.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Fort Smith, AR) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process took 3 days total. First day was a group interview with five other people and we had to do an exercise. Then we had a individual interview following that group one. We were told our assigned department then and our pay.

The second phase was more of training that included watching videos and then learning about our department.

The third was training and it was the very next day. It included hands on sales! Interacting with customers and using the cash register.

Interview Questions

• Is $8/hr okay for you? Will you be okay with this being temporary for now?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job & they called me back about a month later. I was asked to come in for a group interview. There were 5 of us and the first thing we had to do was build a 3d structure out of blocks. Each person had a turn to look at the picture & then direct the group on how to build it. You only got 10 seconds to look at the picture. We did another activity and then each person was called into her office. I was hired on the spot & start work Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were overwhelmed with work and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Sacramento, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was worried but it went well, we were in a group interview, left alone 15 minutes and had to put clothes on a rack that we would. first I was very worried about it and didn't know what to present, but after five minutes I began figuring out the techniques that I would use and how to present it.