J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

2.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Pensacola, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview on a group interview with 7 other people. We did group activities like a game. The game was building a structure with building blocks, and a person was allowed to see it for 10 seconds and instruct the other group members on what they saw. The next activity was pitching a sales idea for the store, and presenting it to the group. It was very informal. I actually had a lot of fun.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I applied online & a few days later I got a call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with about 10 people. We had to do a group activity evolving blocks. It was really easy & fun. After we completed the task we did one-on-one interviews from who they think are leaders greatest to least. They said they would call you back in a couple of days if you got to go to a second interview. I never got the call. But I did get a call a week later but I didn't answer & they haven't called back since. The interview was really fun so don't sweat it.(: Everyone is super nice & friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are characteristics of a good boss?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

What a joke this was....nobody was over 20 in our group of ten people but me. Opening question was tell us what evil villain you would be and why?? Got the impression the girl hiring manager that that could not be over 28 was not,no way let someone older or with college obtained get a foot in the door. Said she would be honest with us then refused to tell us anything about pay, played a stupid and I mean stupid block test. What I got out of this?? Was her and the manager over the entire women's department loved tattoos ( he was covered in them) and they said if you have body piecing or tats you have to own them... they were not looking for any higher intelligence besides that it was a click I think with us being told we would only work 30 days on trail. This meant 30 days to make it easier on the click for back to school and I guess they thought it was good work experience if you was 18. I had help from the inside getting this interview but she was the only one gonna be able to go to the bar let's put it like that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anyone you know work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

We played a game called Jenga and was asked why would we want to work there and I was the only black person and they basically looked at me like I was an alien... it was a terrible experience and I thank God I didn't get the job. yes I would apply again... in a different state but not here in Springfield it's a small town and they only hire young people or people they know. ..just being honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Merrillville, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview, we played a block game and after that she told me and one other person to stay and talk to the HR. I think it went well it was only ten minutes just asked a few questions, now I'm just waiting to see if I got the job. It's been two days since.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied about 10 times a day to finally get a call for an interview in October 2014. The person who scheduled the interview was in such a rush to get off the phone I couldn't ask proper questions. She never told me exactly WHERE the interview was being held. On the day of the interview I went into the store to be told their Human Resource office was on the side of the building and also that their were no managers in the store what so ever. The side of the mall building is painted to look like the rest of the wall who on earth would know that? By this time I'm already late and wanted to be professional and reschedule rather than be late. I called the office from the time I left the property until about 5 pm that evening. There was no one in the office all day. When I finally reached through to someone she was extremely rude and howled at me like she was my mother. I politely asked to reschedule and she lied and said she didn't know when there was another session. That did it for me and the company. Worst experience with this place ever

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Internet application and interview. Long series of questions about your personality, what would you do if type questions, profiling to see if your a match for the job, honest, or have half a brain. Probably used by many employers these days.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult. Just a bunch of questions to see if you were a match to jobs being offered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Santa Rosa, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Its a cattle Call , often all are hired. Really very worth going when they schedule you. They hire tons of people for the Holidays and this is a great little extra job to have. After the holidays a select few will get asked to stay on

Interview Questions

• none really, it was a holiday cattle call and was super easy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I thought the interview was going to go well since the J.C Pennys was exactly across from my school but it did not. The manager wanted me to work on the weekends which I have no problems doing but I will not work until 11:00 PM in the middle of the night when I have to have someone else as my source of transportation and also a minor at the time, 17. I was denied a job because I did not want to work until 11:00 PM and still in high school.