J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Silverdale, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Silverdale, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call about 3 days after applying online and had a short online interview about my availability and why I wanted to work retail. I went in for an in-person interview 2 days later. It was kind of weird. There was 6 of us and we had to build a structure out of blocks. One person got to look at it for 10 seconds, then come back and tell us what to build but they couldn't touch it; then another person went, we each went twice I think. Then we had to write about something that would drive sales and present it to each other. Then we had one-on-one interviews checking availability and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you about our home department, do you know what that is and where it is?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lincoln, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

Sent in my Resume and went for the interview shook hands with the Manager before sitting down. After that she asked had I ever worked in Retail before and I got hired on the spot. Had to take a test for the job on-line and I didn't pass the first time so she instructed me to take it over and I passed. I talked with the Hiring Manager and we built a rapport right away. I actively listened while she explained the details of the job. When the interview was over we shook hands and I left.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Brought into the office and asked to wait. Eventually, I was told that it was to be a group interview including me and 2 other applicants. The environment was very informal. The role was discussed in full, expectations were reviewed and there was plenty of opportunities to ask questions.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR to set up an interview. Group interview consisting of leadership and team building activities. Individuals were asked to give an introduction of themselves, their work history, and why they wanted to work for JCPenney.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Pensacola, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview on a group interview with 7 other people. We did group activities like a game. The game was building a structure with building blocks, and a person was allowed to see it for 10 seconds and instruct the other group members on what they saw. The next activity was pitching a sales idea for the store, and presenting it to the group. It was very informal. I actually had a lot of fun.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I applied online & a few days later I got a call to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with about 10 people. We had to do a group activity evolving blocks. It was really easy & fun. After we completed the task we did one-on-one interviews from who they think are leaders greatest to least. They said they would call you back in a couple of days if you got to go to a second interview. I never got the call. But I did get a call a week later but I didn't answer & they haven't called back since. The interview was really fun so don't sweat it.(: Everyone is super nice & friendly.

Interview Questions

• What are characteristics of a good boss?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Marsh, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (White Marsh, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website and received a phone call the next day where they asked me if I was still interested and wanted to come in for an interview. It was a group interview with two other people. They asked us basic questions such as "Why are you here, how did you find out about us, why should we hire you, ect."

Interview Questions

• Could you give a description when you received excellent/poor customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then called to see about an interview. Then I got an interview that day. It was only me and one other person. We had to create a sales pitch for a new product or program they are thinking about trying. They called me back a few days later to give me an offer. I then had a 6 hour shift that was just watching videos and filling out papers.

Interview Questions

• What is JC Penney's slogan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Staten Island, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Very interesting interview. They made us play a block building game in order to test out leadership, memory, and communication skills. Was interviewed by the store manager and a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Where did you work?
      Why do you want to work for JCPenney?
      Are you comfortable working past 11pm?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

What a joke this was....nobody was over 20 in our group of ten people but me. Opening question was tell us what evil villain you would be and why?? Got the impression the girl hiring manager that that could not be over 28 was not,no way let someone older or with college obtained get a foot in the door. Said she would be honest with us then refused to tell us anything about pay, played a stupid and I mean stupid block test. What I got out of this?? Was her and the manager over the entire women's department loved tattoos ( he was covered in them) and they said if you have body piecing or tats you have to own them... they were not looking for any higher intelligence besides that it was a click I think with us being told we would only work 30 days on trail. This meant 30 days to make it easier on the click for back to school and I guess they thought it was good work experience if you was 18. I had help from the inside getting this interview but she was the only one gonna be able to go to the bar let's put it like that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anyone you know work here   1 Answer