J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

1.8

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted on 4 other people besides myself and one interviewer. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON TIME. One person tried coming in 5 minutes late and the interviewer told them to leave. Besides that, the interviewer was very nice and everyone who was applying was very nice and outspoken. I was the youngest one in the group (18) and i was surprised because it seems like an out of high school job. The interviewer asked very easy questions to which required about a minute of talking each. After the group interview, we each went back and had one on one conversations letting you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received a call a few days later. I then went to a group interview but there was only one other person there and the supervisor asked most of the questions and the manager of the store came at the end. We had to do an activity where we create a place for kids to go while parents to shop then present it to the supervisor. She then said she would give us a call back if either one of us got it. She called about 2 days later and I went in for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

We played a game called Jenga and was asked why would we want to work there and I was the only black person and they basically looked at me like I was an alien... it was a terrible experience and I thank God I didn't get the job. yes I would apply again... in a different state but not here in Springfield it's a small town and they only hire young people or people they know. ..just being honest.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lansing, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a group interview less than a week after applying online. There was only three of us that were there. The interviewer asked us all to introduce ourselves and talk a little bit about us. After that, she asked us a series of questions about customer service. Following this segment, she described the position that we were applying for and what would be required of us. Lastly she opened the group to any questions we might have. The whole interview lasted about an hour and was pretty relaxed. I feel like we all did very well!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called me in for a quick 15 minute interview shortly after putting in my resume and application in the database. The interview was super quick, and frankly, I felt like they were rushing to fill the job. My main issue with the interview was when the manager basically asked me to come into orientation the next day. I had not told him that I had accepted the job offer, and I felt pressured to take the offer, even when I was waiting for other job offers.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was relaxed and the interviewers were really nice. I got there early but the guy was running late so I had to wait a bit but it wasn't too bad. I had to talk to two managers and after the second one he made me an offer on the spot but didn't really give me a chance to think about it. He just said I'm making you an offer, then said well call you and schedule orientation for next week. Overall really good and simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Hyattsville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online at their website, two weeks later I received a voicemail from their hiring manager wanting to set up an interview for the following week, I did so. Once at the interview she asked about my education, hobbies and experiences gained with my former employers, once we talked about that I was told the position was mine and the fact that I was bilingual made it 10x better. The week after the interview I went in for training and two days after I started ofiicially working at JCP.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing when dealing with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Merrillville, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview, we played a block game and after that she told me and one other person to stay and talk to the HR. I think it went well it was only ten minutes just asked a few questions, now I'm just waiting to see if I got the job. It's been two days since.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was behavioral interview..testing to see how well we can work in a team. It was a group exercise. We assembled puzzles and building blocks according to a photo shown to us for 10 seconds and we had to work as a team to duplicate the photo.

Interview Questions

• how do you resolve conflict with a coworker?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbus, OH).

Interview

very quick ,not many questions, interview seemed rushed and not very engaging. interviewer was manager, seemed like he was going through the motions and not listening. perhaps could be because the job was short-term, but turned into long term employment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing