J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.8

96 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then called to see about an interview. Then I got an interview that day. It was only me and one other person. We had to create a sales pitch for a new product or program they are thinking about trying. They called me back a few days later to give me an offer. I then had a 6 hour shift that was just watching videos and filling out papers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Staten Island, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Very interesting interview. They made us play a block building game in order to test out leadership, memory, and communication skills. Was interviewed by the store manager and a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Where did you work?
      Why do you want to work for JCPenney?
      Are you comfortable working past 11pm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

What a joke this was....nobody was over 20 in our group of ten people but me. Opening question was tell us what evil villain you would be and why?? Got the impression the girl hiring manager that that could not be over 28 was not,no way let someone older or with college obtained get a foot in the door. Said she would be honest with us then refused to tell us anything about pay, played a stupid and I mean stupid block test. What I got out of this?? Was her and the manager over the entire women's department loved tattoos ( he was covered in them) and they said if you have body piecing or tats you have to own them... they were not looking for any higher intelligence besides that it was a click I think with us being told we would only work 30 days on trail. This meant 30 days to make it easier on the click for back to school and I guess they thought it was good work experience if you was 18. I had help from the inside getting this interview but she was the only one gonna be able to go to the bar let's put it like that.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anyone you know work here   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted on 4 other people besides myself and one interviewer. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON TIME. One person tried coming in 5 minutes late and the interviewer told them to leave. Besides that, the interviewer was very nice and everyone who was applying was very nice and outspoken. I was the youngest one in the group (18) and i was surprised because it seems like an out of high school job. The interviewer asked very easy questions to which required about a minute of talking each. After the group interview, we each went back and had one on one conversations letting you know if you got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received a call a few days later. I then went to a group interview but there was only one other person there and the supervisor asked most of the questions and the manager of the store came at the end. We had to do an activity where we create a place for kids to go while parents to shop then present it to the supervisor. She then said she would give us a call back if either one of us got it. She called about 2 days later and I went in for orientation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

We played a game called Jenga and was asked why would we want to work there and I was the only black person and they basically looked at me like I was an alien... it was a terrible experience and I thank God I didn't get the job. yes I would apply again... in a different state but not here in Springfield it's a small town and they only hire young people or people they know. ..just being honest.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lansing, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a group interview less than a week after applying online. There was only three of us that were there. The interviewer asked us all to introduce ourselves and talk a little bit about us. After that, she asked us a series of questions about customer service. Following this segment, she described the position that we were applying for and what would be required of us. Lastly she opened the group to any questions we might have. The whole interview lasted about an hour and was pretty relaxed. I feel like we all did very well!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called me in for a quick 15 minute interview shortly after putting in my resume and application in the database. The interview was super quick, and frankly, I felt like they were rushing to fill the job. My main issue with the interview was when the manager basically asked me to come into orientation the next day. I had not told him that I had accepted the job offer, and I felt pressured to take the offer, even when I was waiting for other job offers.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was relaxed and the interviewers were really nice. I got there early but the guy was running late so I had to wait a bit but it wasn't too bad. I had to talk to two managers and after the second one he made me an offer on the spot but didn't really give me a chance to think about it. He just said I'm making you an offer, then said well call you and schedule orientation for next week. Overall really good and simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyattsville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Hyattsville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online at their website, two weeks later I received a voicemail from their hiring manager wanting to set up an interview for the following week, I did so. Once at the interview she asked about my education, hobbies and experiences gained with my former employers, once we talked about that I was told the position was mine and the fact that I was bilingual made it 10x better. The week after the interview I went in for training and two days after I started ofiicially working at JCP.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing when dealing with an angry customer?   1 Answer