J. C. Penney Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2017

2.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lakewood, CA).

Interview

Brought in for a group interview. We were asked to do an activity with blocks right in front of two managers. They observed closely then started inviting certain people to the back for one on one interviews. Asked about previous retail experience. Asked about future plans (Due to the fact that I had just graduated high school). Strengths/Weaknesses. Negotiated pay due to previous experience, Job offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

on spot, not much to think about here. I walked in and told them I wanted a job. She interviewed me on the spot because they needed someone. right place, right time. no magic.

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Flowood, MS).

Interview

applied online, completed personality quiz; was called in to interview in a team environment; played team games; then interviewed 1 on 1 with assistant store manager; was called the next day after interview and asked when i would like to start

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

It was an easy group interview, they just look for your personality and people skills and your potential as a Leaser or follower, then after that they let you know if you are hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was pleasant, asked several questions related to the position, explained position responsibilities, discussed pay, and hired me on the spot. Just stay calm, answer the questions to the best of your ability, and you'll do fine.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

It started with a group interview with a building block team activity. You would try to build a model with instructions and it would be time. Then it moved onto one on one interviews. Asked a few questions then offers were given. You would be asked which department you would like to be in. They would tell you which are open and you may choose which one you want to work in.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Marcos, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I waited forever to hear back from the, when I finally called 2 weeks after showing up, they said there had been an error with the system and they'd just lost my application. I asked if I should reapply, and he said "Yes, and call me when you've finished so we know it's been received. I re-applied, called him, and was immediately given an impromptu phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview.
    When I met the hiring manager, he was nice, asked me questions like "What was a time you received great customer service?" and "What was a time you received poor customer service?" and then "How important do you think customer service is to a company?"
    He was also willing to negotiate with me about pay. Interview + my questions and extra rapport about the job lasted a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• "What was a time you received great customer service?" "What was a time you received poor customer service?" "How important do you think customer service is to a company?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Midland, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

They made us play a few games, we did something with blocks, and we played shark tank where we had to pitch an idea and sell it. Little interview questions, it was nothing like I have done before. It was sort of fun. Some people in my group were very nervous, lots of public talking in a decent size group.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to anyone about everything?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Got a call within 2 weeks, maybe less. Easy group interview with 5 other people (all between 16 and 60 years old). Just did team building exercises basically. We all had to describe ourselves and why we wanted to work there. Next we were placed on the sales floor and told to put together a sales pitch to give to the HR pretending to be a customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview shortly after. Arrived at the interview a little early, I waited in a room while 1 of 2 of the interviewees ran around trying to find the other interviewee. Eventually, the interview started without the other interviewee and surprisingly few questions were asked.