J. C. Penney Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.3

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

It was an easy group interview, they just look for your personality and people skills and your potential as a Leaser or follower, then after that they let you know if you are hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was pleasant, asked several questions related to the position, explained position responsibilities, discussed pay, and hired me on the spot. Just stay calm, answer the questions to the best of your ability, and you'll do fine.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

It started with a group interview with a building block team activity. You would try to build a model with instructions and it would be time. Then it moved onto one on one interviews. Asked a few questions then offers were given. You would be asked which department you would like to be in. They would tell you which are open and you may choose which one you want to work in.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Marcos, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I waited forever to hear back from the, when I finally called 2 weeks after showing up, they said there had been an error with the system and they'd just lost my application. I asked if I should reapply, and he said "Yes, and call me when you've finished so we know it's been received. I re-applied, called him, and was immediately given an impromptu phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview.
    When I met the hiring manager, he was nice, asked me questions like "What was a time you received great customer service?" and "What was a time you received poor customer service?" and then "How important do you think customer service is to a company?"
    He was also willing to negotiate with me about pay. Interview + my questions and extra rapport about the job lasted a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• "What was a time you received great customer service?" "What was a time you received poor customer service?" "How important do you think customer service is to a company?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Midland, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

They made us play a few games, we did something with blocks, and we played shark tank where we had to pitch an idea and sell it. Little interview questions, it was nothing like I have done before. It was sort of fun. Some people in my group were very nervous, lots of public talking in a decent size group.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to anyone about everything?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Got a call within 2 weeks, maybe less. Easy group interview with 5 other people (all between 16 and 60 years old). Just did team building exercises basically. We all had to describe ourselves and why we wanted to work there. Next we were placed on the sales floor and told to put together a sales pitch to give to the HR pretending to be a customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview shortly after. Arrived at the interview a little early, I waited in a room while 1 of 2 of the interviewees ran around trying to find the other interviewee. Eventually, the interview started without the other interviewee and surprisingly few questions were asked.

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Oceanside, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

easy interview. accepted offer. it was a group interview, basically had you act out scenarios for sales. Then they pick who they like and go from there. The process took about 2 days.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2014.

Interview

There was a 5 minute overview of my resume and availability. I believe my personality and respect lead me to my perseverance. I had a very smooth and simple training process that took 4 days both on line and on the floor. I was lucky enough to have friendly Co-Workers who actually took the time to refine and coach me to become the very successful employee I am today. This job is well worth it and fits my schedule for school seamlessly.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application online and got called in for an interview. The hiring manager asking questions about my customer service experience, and was offered a position that day, and started the next week.