J. C. Penney Customer Service Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Customer Service Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Bay Shore, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to JC Penney on July 3rd and I got a call back on July 6th. The initial call was a mini interview. She asked me a few questions that needed little to no knowledge of anything really. She asked about my work experience, what did I do there, why did I leave my last job, have I worked since then, my availability, do I have transportation & things like that. I had the interview later on that week. It was a group interview and it's basically just going through a lot of scenarios. First they give you a product that you have to do a pitch for like on shark tank and then you work with the group to see which product would be best and then you pitch that product to the manager or whoever is interviewing you, and then you do roleplaying where they are the customer and you have to help them pick out what they need. After that was over, she called us individually to another room and asked a few more questions, I listed a few of those questions below. She informed me of their salary(which is 9.00 an hour) and that a background check would have to be cleared before I could be hired and she said that can take up to a week. The whole process took about 25 to 30 minutes. The woman was very nice and welcoming. I felt like I missed up a couple times but she said I did well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Very friendly, ask common questions. Manager was very nice, and flexible hours. Decent pay, but hard to get any type of appreciation. Shoe department very competitive, only give you 1% commission on each pair that you sale. Be careful for fellow associates, some are greedy and steal commission.

Interview Questions

• If you have 3 customers and 1 is ready to pay how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Chula Vista, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It a total of 3 interviews. The one on the phone, group interview & the one alone with the manager. Very easy nothing too hard. The one alone with the manager is literally like 2 minutes. Dont be nervous, smile & you should be fine!!

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Mesa, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and hot a phone call the next day for a group interview. Once I got to the interview there were about 6 of us there including myself. We went around and introduced ourself and what our favorite candy is. Next, we had to do a block game. We had 10 seconds each to look at the picture of the block formation and try to rebuild it as a group. We had 15 minutes to complete it. It was really fun and intimidation free! Once that was done the two managers left the room for about 10 minutes and we got called in for short five minute a one on one interview. An hour after I got home I got a call for the job offer! Overall, it was an easy interview and was very fun.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, she offered me 9.15 and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Temecula, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later. I was called at 9 am and was told there would be a group interview going on that same day at 3 pm. I showed up at 3 pm and was taken to a room with eight other candidates. We introduced ourselves then where given pamphlets for the JCPenney credit card. We were given a few minutes to study it and then to stand in groups of two and convince the other person about the benefits of applying for the credit card. We were told about the positions available and hourly information. After we were taken to a separate room individually and told if we qualified or not.

Interview Questions

• What was the best customer service you ever had and what was the worst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Norman, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview first, then was asked to come in for a group interview. The interview only involved myself and one other person. We had to build a structure out of blocks. Afterwards, we were asked what we thought we did best and if it could of been done again what would we do differently. Those were the only questions we were asked. Next we spoke with the store manager individually. I was offered a job starting on the floor. Now I am waiting for the background check to go through. Fails easy interview.

Interview Questions

• We had to build a structure out of blocks. Afterwards, we were asked what we thought we did best and if it could of been done again what would we do differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was basic. Applied online, got a call about a week later for an interview. Turned out to be a group interview. Was asked a few questions with the group, then everyone went to the next room to watch some customer service videos. After, we did an activity where everyone took a turn looking at a structure made of small wooden colored blocks on an iPad for 20 seconds, and instructed the rest of the team how to build it strictly verbally without the use of the picture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview went by pretty good. We had to chose between two scenarios of which would benefit the company (i.e children fashion show, a child ride around the mall, etc. etc.) And then we had to present it to the whole group. And then the whole group discussed what would be a better idea to do at the store. Then after that they did one-on-one interview with everyone, they also asked for availability there. Then they asked you to tell them about yourself, then you're given an object that you have to sell.

Interview Questions

• When did you experience pressure and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

it was a group interview. They had you build something and you only had a minute to do so, each person had a turn to explain to the group how to build it and when It was your turn you could not touch it. After this they gave each of us a department and we had to come up with a idea to better the department then pitch it to the interviewers. This is as far as I got in the process, there were four of us, only two of them proceeded to the next step.

Interview Questions

• They asked when J.C penny was founded and what J.C stood for.   Answer Question

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2014.

Interview

It's a group interview and you have about 2 or 3 managers interviewing you. You work with the other people being interviewed throughout the process. It only took about an hour at the most till we were told if we were hired and what department we would work in. I was 17 at the time so I didn't go through a background check or drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe your perfect customer service experience in 3 words or less   Answer Question