J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quality Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The first two interviews were on the phone with the HR and hiring manager and the last one was in-person with a panel of experts from different IT specialties. All the interviews were very well scheduled without any confusion or any changes. The interview Agenda, Interviewers, location etc were very well communicated. On the whole the process was very smooth!!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

First, there were two rounds of phone screenings
    Then it was a technical presentation to senior management
    Had to present the whole data science process from the initial process on a given use case and visualize it

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Took MONTHS. First had a phone interview in late July and then radio silence. Got a follow up call in November asking for an in person interview. Went to the interview and met with 2 different buyers and an HR rep.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational type questions. When was a time you ran into a problem with a coworker and how did you overcome it. When was a time you had difficulty finishing a project and what did you do?   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone interview with Alicia in HR, we schedule an on-site interview for the following week. I arrived at the J.C. Penney home office and was quickly greeted by Alicia, who gave me a tour of the complex before delivering me to a conference room for the interviews. Over the course of an hour and a half, I had three thirty minute interviews with two managers at a time. Everyone I spoke with was kind, interested in my responses, and very easy to communicate with. After my final interview, Alicia walked me out while describing what to expect moving forward. All in all, my interview was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your work experience where you needed to act with courage.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

This was a skills and behavioral based interview format. In addition to learning about my visual merchandising background and skill set, the team asked me questions about managing execution, building relationships and taking initiative.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take initiative to complete a project? What we’re the key components that made the project successful or unsuccessful?   Answer Question

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

A brief "get to know you" phone call, then a more in-depth phone interview (2 behavioral questions), if you are selected after the 2nd interview, then you will be flown out to the JC Penny corporate office in Plano, TX for 2 days of tours/interviews.

Senior Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with four individuals for the buying team and HR. It went really well. The people I interviewed conducted themselves professionally and were very nice. I am looking forward to working at JCP.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging part of your previous ? Why do you want to come to work for JCP? What did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and took about 3 weeks:

• Phone Interview
    • Case Study: given 72 hours to complete
    • On-site interview
    • Offer letter

They are very communicative, efficient, and give feedback quickly.

Senior Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very professional and informative. I asked what the expections are for the position. Management style and area of responsibilities.
    HR was helpful and kept me informed on the process.

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview process was a 3 panel part interview about 30 minutes long each. They were all very informative on what I would be doing and more so on about the company. Very relaxing environment.

Interview Questions

• what skills can I bring to the table and what’s different about me than other people?   1 Answer