J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.9

IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call than an onsite interview. Extremly poor communication from the company as to next steps. Received no feedback whatsoever. I was eager to interview but the interviewers themselves were quick to point out the many financial troubles facing the company and the brick and mortar retail sector. I left the interviews less motivated than when I arrived. If interviewing there, proceed with caution. This is a company that is under extreme duress. Not sure they are a viable long-term option.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Interviewers did not seem prepared   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the interviewers on campus at two career fairs. They contacted me after getting my resume and set up an interview on campus. I interviewed with the director of finance and a girl who works on his team. They were very nice, answered all my questions, and kept the conversation going. They told me I was a little over qualified for the position.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Starting with initial HR phone interview that consisted of basic behaivor questions. Favorite class in college?worst class in college? It was very casual and conversational. Then proceeded to next round of interviews with directors and managers in sourcing and procurement dep. Overall good expeirence, the company is in transition of moving foward and seemed to be a good company to jump on board with.

Interview Questions

• Why you?
      Why JC Penny?
      Why this position?
      Negotiation skills?
      Teamwork?handeling a bad teammate?
      About you?
      Strengths/weaknesses?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Flower Mound, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were 7 of us and 2 managers. they had us go around the room to introduce ourselves, and talk about our previous work experience. Then we did two group exercises. One was a team building exercise and the other we had ten minutes to come up with a pitch for different departments of the store that they selected for each of us. Was kind of difficult and unexpected. The interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your name and talk about your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Training Specialist At Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screener with them, so it was just round 1 and I did not progress. But the recruiter was very friendly and I felt that she listened to me and gave me fair consideration. I think she was definitely listening to see what I knew about the company and the position, so preparation was important. She said she'd let me know, I did not hear back from her, but when I sent an inquiry she immediately responded to let me know I would not be progressing and apologized for the delay.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.C. Penney and the product line?
      What did you like least about your previous job?
      Tell me about yourself.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Cedar Hill, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview where we had to complete various tasks involving teamwork and building structures with blocks. Two people would look at the provided picture for 30 seconds and then instruct the others on how to build the structure. We also had to sell a provided idea to the other interviewers that we had 5 minutes to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• What is your name, retail experience, and one place that you would like to visit?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my application online. Screened by the recruiter and then interiewed with 3 senior allocators and an HR Director. Overall, unprofessional dealings throughout the process. Recruiter lacked communication/with delayed communications, also tried scheduling interviews at a moment's notice with no regard for my schedule. Was asked personal and inappropriate questions by the interview panel, including ages of my children and how many I had. In the end, they told me they would contact me but I never heard back from them. I had already decided it did not seem like a company I wanted to work for with all their red flags, and I wrote them off. But then only to be contacted again a few weeks later by a different recruiter asking me if she could set up time with me, with no prior knowledge I had already been there to interview. It only went to show even more how disorganized they were.

Interview Questions

• At lot of questions on difficult situations I've encountered and how I handled them. I thought there would be more behavioral questions. They asked what I didn't like about my previous role. People that have left reviews said its straight forward, but mine was not. Felt they were trying to ask "trick" questions. Also, one interviewer plainly would ask me "you would have to speak in front of large groups. Does that bother you? Can you do that?" , "would it bother you to work with someone difficult". "Do my categories interest you?" It was clear the person had little interviewing experience and it was just uncomfortable.

There were questions asked about my personal life.

"What's the most difficult function you've used in excel? What did you use most frequently?"

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

First, it was a phone interview then a face-to-face one. Discussing design patterns in Java for Android. Asynchronous calls, etc. There was a discussion on how I would contribute and be an asset to their omni-channel pivot. Along with discussion on how to improve the buyer's experience by including web/mobile into the equation.

Interview Questions

• What design patterns would you most likely use in the mobile app?   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Basic interview process. Initial phone call with HR then they set up a meeting to meet with the hiring managers. They then contacted me a few weeks later notifying me that they would like me to meet with other people. I asked for a status of my application after all the interview and never heard back so I assume I didn't get the job. I wish they would have let me know if I did/didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Tell me about a time....Have you ever been in a situation where....how did you handle that.....   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX).

Interview

The process was quick and simple. I interviewed through my school recruiting system. I talked on the phone with HR and finance division employees. I had 2 phone interviews and third rounds were on campus.