J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

119 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with four individuals for the buying team and HR. It went really well. The people I interviewed conducted themselves professionally and were very nice. I am looking forward to working at JCP.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging part of your previous ? Why do you want to come to work for JCP? What did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Textile Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Long and professional, got interview by different people from the company in order to have no favors from any single one, which is good to show my different abilities and be able to have a opportunity to qualify for the position.

Senior Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on Linked In by a HR contractor, we spoke on the phone and I was told she would follow up with next steps in a week. One week later she called to inform me budgets were under review and I wohld hear from here in another week. Well, a month later I was contacted by HR again for another phone interview. The contractor was no longer with the company but she left notes to move forward with me. Basic phone interview asking my background and behavioral questions. next steps were to host a Skype interview. It took another week to two weeks for the Skype call, I met with the buyers and the next day a HR busines partner called me. She told me she would be in touch. I was then brought to their Plano campus for a two hour interview with the VP GMM, buyer, and another HR business partner. Same behavioral questions were asked and the buyer I would be working for askd me personal questions more in depth, as we spoke on the Skype call Previously. I was told by hr i would hear something the next week. Three weeks later and one follow up email it's safe to assume I was not a viable candidate. I am fine it I wasn't a right fit for that pariticlar buyer but I have more than enough experience for the role and have worked at an Associate level before. It's just extremely unprofessional to not follow up or send a generic email declinging my candidancy if that's the case. Overall, they have been slow to respond and everyone in the organization moves at a glacial place but at this point, I have no other choice but to move on due to the lack of response from their team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult personality?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional experience I have had thus far in an interview process.

First, I speak to one recruiter with no questions other than "tell me about yourself" and then another recruiter saying "tell me about yourself" and then I was moved on to an phone interview with a director of the division. The person never called. I waited six hours before saying anything, to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would. Nothing. I emailed the recruiter and was told to give more of my time and reschedule. No apology or acknowledgement of any kind.

I am willing to take one missed interview (even though they wouldn't) but one companies do this and don't bother apologizing as though it's normal or you're below them, absolutely unprofessional. I just replied and said no thanks. This was the third red flag for me. I was told by the recruiter that long hours are expected and that the VP in that org was "very intense". Strike one and two. Miss my interview because you are so busy and then don't even reach out in any way to apologize? Strike three. No thanks.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Arlington, TX).

Interview

They start you out with a group activity to see how well you work with others. Afterwards there's a one on one interview that's pretty laid back. They don't ask you anything too difficult, just if you have previous retail experience and what department you'd enjoy working in. Not having previous experience isn't a deal breaker for sure since I got an offer. Just be confident and things should go well.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

They pick 10 out of 40 people, all must take a survey, if they meet their requirements and terms-you get accepted for an interview in which 4 will get the job based on the interview

Interview Questions

• Motivation for working there   1 Answer

Assistant Apparel Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was over-drawn and tedious. It took a month to hear anything from HR, then I was given 2 phone interviews, followed by a request to complete a design assignment. After turning in my assignment, I was never contacted again. I emailed both HR and the hiring manager multiple times over the next month only to finally be told, nearly 3 months after I first applied, that they had decided I was no longer applicable. It was a ridiculous ordeal and I just would have liked to have been given the common courtesy to be told whether I had received the job without having to hound them for the information for a month.

Interview Questions

• You realize this job isn't like the movies right?   1 Answer

Manager of Philanthropy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Great experience, but a long process. I had a phone interview with HR, then an in-person 3 hour interview with 5 people individually, then another 3 hour interview with five more people. Really nice people and it seems like all of them loved what they were doing. This was for the corporate office though, so maybe that's why it was much longer.

Interview Questions

• If your boss asked you to do something that you disagreed with, how would you handle that?   1 Answer

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX).

Interview

I got an email to invite me to have a phone interview with HR manager from JC penny. She let me choose the time I would be free. She is very nice but JC penny consider about your visa status.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a thing about negotiation. What's your status? Tell me a bout a time you solve a problem.   Answer Question

IT Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round of the interview process involved a 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter/HR employee. The second round was another 30-minute phone interview but with the intention of getting an idea of which IT position you might be placed in after the IT Trainee program. The third and final round was a trip to JCPenney headquarters in Plano, TX and round robin style interviews consisting of three separate interview panels with two interviewers each. The time from my first phone interview to the final round was about 2 weeks.

The final round interviews were surprisingly straightforward and mostly behavioral questions, with a few technical questions to get an idea of your stronger areas. Some of the typical "Tell us about a time when..." questions were asked, but they were slightly different than the usual versions of these questions.

Make sure to have questions for them and show a strong interest in understanding more about the company. I think my lacking in this area was among the main reasons I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you received feedback from peers that you felt was incorrect or unfair.   Answer Question