J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with a JCPenny rep at the career fair at my school and he signed me up for an on campus interview for the next week. I interviewed on campus then was called the next day and told that they wanted to bring me in for a second round interview at their corporate office in Plano. They flew me to Dallas for the two day interview along with about 20 other candidates. Around 10 were there to interview for the internship and 10 of us there for the business analyst trainee position. The first day we toured the campus and chatted with some employees in different areas and then we had a panel discussion with former BA trainee's and lastly, we took assessment tests. The next day was the bulk of the interviews with a panel interview with about 3 people that took about 30-45 mins and then a group case study that took about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you used excel in? Talk about a time you had to deal with a lot of numbers/data.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I met the interviewers on campus at two career fairs. They contacted me after getting my resume and set up an interview on campus. I interviewed with the director of finance and a girl who works on his team. They were very nice, answered all my questions, and kept the conversation going. They told me I was a little over qualified for the position.

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Starting with initial HR phone interview that consisted of basic behaivor questions. Favorite class in college?worst class in college? It was very casual and conversational. Then proceeded to next round of interviews with directors and managers in sourcing and procurement dep. Overall good expeirence, the company is in transition of moving foward and seemed to be a good company to jump on board with.

Interview Questions

• Why you?
      Why JC Penny?
      Why this position?
      Negotiation skills?
      Teamwork?handeling a bad teammate?
      About you?
      Strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Flower Mound, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were 7 of us and 2 managers. they had us go around the room to introduce ourselves, and talk about our previous work experience. Then we did two group exercises. One was a team building exercise and the other we had ten minutes to come up with a pitch for different departments of the store that they selected for each of us. Was kind of difficult and unexpected. The interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your name and talk about your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Training Specialist At Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screener with them, so it was just round 1 and I did not progress. But the recruiter was very friendly and I felt that she listened to me and gave me fair consideration. I think she was definitely listening to see what I knew about the company and the position, so preparation was important. She said she'd let me know, I did not hear back from her, but when I sent an inquiry she immediately responded to let me know I would not be progressing and apologized for the delay.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.C. Penney and the product line?
      What did you like least about your previous job?
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Cedar Hill, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview where we had to complete various tasks involving teamwork and building structures with blocks. Two people would look at the provided picture for 30 seconds and then instruct the others on how to build the structure. We also had to sell a provided idea to the other interviewers that we had 5 minutes to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• What is your name, retail experience, and one place that you would like to visit?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter after submitting my application online. Screened by the recruiter and then interiewed with 3 senior allocators and an HR Director. Overall, unprofessional dealings throughout the process. Recruiter lacked communication/with delayed communications, also tried scheduling interviews at a moment's notice with no regard for my schedule. Was asked personal and inappropriate questions by the interview panel, including ages of my children and how many I had. In the end, they told me they would contact me but I never heard back from them. I had already decided it did not seem like a company I wanted to work for with all their red flags, and I wrote them off. But then only to be contacted again a few weeks later by a different recruiter asking me if she could set up time with me, with no prior knowledge I had already been there to interview. It only went to show even more how disorganized they were.

Interview Questions

• At lot of questions on difficult situations I've encountered and how I handled them. I thought there would be more behavioral questions. They asked what I didn't like about my previous role. People that have left reviews said its straight forward, but mine was not. Felt they were trying to ask "trick" questions. Also, one interviewer plainly would ask me "you would have to speak in front of large groups. Does that bother you? Can you do that?" , "would it bother you to work with someone difficult". "Do my categories interest you?" It was clear the person had little interviewing experience and it was just uncomfortable.

There were questions asked about my personal life.

"What's the most difficult function you've used in excel? What did you use most frequently?"   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hurst, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Hurst, TX).

Interview

Short and sweet. Interviewer made me feel very comfortable. She had a few standard interview questions,and personality type questions. The whole process took about 20 mins and I was done. She offered me a sales floor position with a slight pay increase from my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Greenville, TX).

Interview

Worst interview ever. Hiring manager briefly looked over my resume, asked me one question based off of it, and then proceeded to take a long pause to look at his phone and go over the schedule for THAT NIGHT because someone wasn't going to make it in. There's a time and place for that, and I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure it isn't in the middle of an interview. Never actually asked me any interview questions but made a lot of small talk. He told me he never hires on the spot, but I don't know how he'd even hire me because he literally knows nothing about me besides what type of music I like. Obviously it's a sales associate job and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out, but I mean come on. At least take the interview somewhat seriously. I went in expecting more structure and walked out feeling like I was just on Candid Camera or something.

N/A

Finance Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

1st round phone/in person interview then straight on to final round at HQ in Plano. 1st day is meet and greet with directors and VPs second day is interviews, 3-4 behavioral/technical. They're actually a really cool bunch--it's almost as if the entire Finance division has a company culture of its own, separate from the rest of the company. Very talented group. Would've loved to accept the offer but seeing as I'm just starting out my career, I wanted to go more towards a general role rather than such a specific industry like retail.