J. C. Penney Fine Jewelry Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Fine Jewelry Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Buffalo, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was easy ,I went for season and got hired on the spot,which is the best way to get in.If they like you then you stay permanently.if not then they let you know. Overall interview was easy,where you pretty much talk to other potential hires,this is where an interviewer try to analyze you and make judgement on your personality types.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Hired by the Store Manger at Oakview. #3 interviews and background check to fill Fine Jewelry Supervisor in March 2005. Hired discretely by Store Manager to clean start the Dept. Agreement was 18.00 hourly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After the background check, we met and she asked me to write a figure on a piece of paper. She also wrote a figure and we exchanged papers, The figures were the same. It was her final test.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tucson, AZ) in May 2011.

Interview

Initially, I applied on line. Within a few days, I received a call from the Human Resources Director and she interviewed me a little bit over the phone. An interview date and time was selected and I first interviewed with her. A day or two later, I interviewed with the manager of the fine jewelry department. Finally, I interviewed with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your knowledge of diamonds and gemstones   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you plan to apply for a commissioned position and you have previous experience, take proof of your sales statistics from your previous job. It may help you get a higher base pay rate.

Fine Jewelry Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2011.

Interview

I googled interviewing questions. I copied them and I wrote down my answers to the questions. Then I memorized the answers. I was interviewed by a Man and a Woman @ the same time. And they asked me every question that I studied for so I basically aced the interview.

Interview Questions

They only pay 7.50 an hour and you get 1% of sales.