J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

it was easy, hired on the spot. the manager was nice and explained to me on what department she was going to place me in. i am waiting for the call so they can train me, its a part time and sounds easy to handle!

Interview Questions

• what do i see my self doing there?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked her how much she was going to pay me. she gave me a reasonable pay because of my experience.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Fast, make sure to speak up when they ask questions. The group interview was there to see how we would work in groups. Gave each applicant two scenarios and we had to choose one of the two that we thought would bring in money and why

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX).

Interview

I came in for an initial interview with an Assistant Manager it was a very relaxed comfortable Q and A. There was a follow up interview a few days later with the Store Manager which was very informative, structured but extremely laid back. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to correct a mistake that either you or someone else had made where a customer was upset and what you did to correct it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was simple and to the point, I was offered what I asked for.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very laid back. It took about an hour or so. The manager was super helpful in trying to make me feel comfortable. He knew I was nervous since it was my first interview but it was a great experience.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (The Woodlands, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There were around 9-10 people who showed up, it is required/highly recommended to wear business casual clothing since that is the dress code of the company. We were split into groups of 4-5 people for a group interview. In the first room, we were encouraged to introduce ourselves to the other interviewees and talk among ourselves. We were given sheets with four ideas on them and we had to choose one idea to create a pitch. At the end, we voted for who had the best pitch idea and that was it. In the second room, we had 10 seconds to look at a picture and 1 minute to describe the picture to our teammates so they could assemble it with different colored wooden blocks. The entire interview lasted around one hour. I smiled a lot during my interview and made sure to dress professionally to make a good first impression.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we had you create a structure out of wooden blocks?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was behavioral interview..testing to see how well we can work in a team. It was a group exercise. We assembled puzzles and building blocks according to a photo shown to us for 10 seconds and we had to work as a team to duplicate the photo.

Interview Questions

• how do you resolve conflict with a coworker?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Katy, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Group interview, had to interact and cooperate to achieve the given goal. First, were given the same questions to everyone. Such as your qualities, skills, why you are fit for the job and so forth. Then, had to assemble blocks the same way as you were viewed, however you have to instruct your partners how and where without touching the blocks. You are only given a certain amount of time to memorize and recall.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Cypress, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a Group interview. At first we played a game to see how well we gave directions and how well we take instructions and then they asked us to go around and say our names and basically introduce ourselves. Then they told us to go around and name a fun fact about our selves.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What is something fun about yourself?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Katy, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Called to set up an interview fairly quick. It was a group interview of 6 people and it was in 2 parts. The first part was setting up blocks. Each interviewer would go look at a picture of a block structure for 30 seconds and then have to tell the other interviewers how to build it without touching the blocks. After each interviewer had their turn then you would do it again but this time you could touch the blocks. The second part was a presentation. They gave you a sheet with 6 ideas and you had to pick which idea was the best for JC Penny; you then had to present your idea and say why it was the best. I was interviewed by the manager and HR but manager was only in for the first part.

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with assistant manager. Chatted about customer service skills and availability. Also discussed direction the company was taking.Gave me tips on how to deal with customers. Which store departments I would prefer to work in (if there was an option).

Interview Questions

• What hours I could work. Asked about family and social life. How far did I live. Was I available on short notice. Was I interested in growing with the company   Answer Question