J. C. Penney Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

1.9

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (League City, TX).

Interview

I really don't remember as it was over twenty years ago. I believe it was very brief, and they hired me on quickly because I had a referral from a long time employee with a great reputation.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about a week or two later I got called for an interview, interview was nice and smooth. Manager had a good vibe and so did the assistant manager. Questions where reasonable since I had no previews experience.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Deer Park, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a Saturday morning interview. Very easy and uneventful. It was a group interview and was asked what hours and days we were available. What experience did we have. I received a call back a few hours later with an offer. I received the results of my background check in a few days. No records found. I never heard back from the guy who offered me the position. I left several messages and he never called back. My background check was clean yet he never called me in for orientation. Very unprofessional and a waste of time and money. I understand if he changed his mind but a phone call or email would have been appreciated. Now I don't know why I never received a call back and makes me insecure on other job interviews. I passed the background check so I'm confused as to why he didn't call me back even after I left numerous messages.

Interview Questions

• What position did you apply for?
      How many years of retail experience do you have.
      Are you comfortable trying to push credit cards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

it was easy, hired on the spot. the manager was nice and explained to me on what department she was going to place me in. i am waiting for the call so they can train me, its a part time and sounds easy to handle!

Interview Questions

• what do i see my self doing there?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I asked her how much she was going to pay me. she gave me a reasonable pay because of my experience.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Fast, make sure to speak up when they ask questions. The group interview was there to see how we would work in groups. Gave each applicant two scenarios and we had to choose one of the two that we thought would bring in money and why

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX).

Interview

I came in for an initial interview with an Assistant Manager it was a very relaxed comfortable Q and A. There was a follow up interview a few days later with the Store Manager which was very informative, structured but extremely laid back. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to correct a mistake that either you or someone else had made where a customer was upset and what you did to correct it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was simple and to the point, I was offered what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Rosenberg, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Rosenberg, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did not hear anything after a week so I just went into the store and had an interview right then and there. Very easy and convenient as long as you have the persistence to call if you do not hear back.

Interview Questions

• Most of my questions related to past experience on my resume   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very laid back. It took about an hour or so. The manager was super helpful in trying to make me feel comfortable. He knew I was nervous since it was my first interview but it was a great experience.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (The Woodlands, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There were around 9-10 people who showed up, it is required/highly recommended to wear business casual clothing since that is the dress code of the company. We were split into groups of 4-5 people for a group interview. In the first room, we were encouraged to introduce ourselves to the other interviewees and talk among ourselves. We were given sheets with four ideas on them and we had to choose one idea to create a pitch. At the end, we voted for who had the best pitch idea and that was it. In the second room, we had 10 seconds to look at a picture and 1 minute to describe the picture to our teammates so they could assemble it with different colored wooden blocks. The entire interview lasted around one hour. I smiled a lot during my interview and made sure to dress professionally to make a good first impression.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we had you create a structure out of wooden blocks?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

It was behavioral interview..testing to see how well we can work in a team. It was a group exercise. We assembled puzzles and building blocks according to a photo shown to us for 10 seconds and we had to work as a team to duplicate the photo.

Interview Questions

• how do you resolve conflict with a coworker?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/a