J. C. Penney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,683 Interview Reviews

2.1

Hair Dresser/Stylist/Barber Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I seen that Jcpenney was hiring on Glassdoor for an Salon Receptionist & i quickly applied (even though its typically not a receptionist job its just another Sales job) so i was scheduled for an interview the day after i applied for the job. I walked in the salon & the manager was a a sweet heart. She thought she had mistakenly put an interview for me as a hairstylist because of my appearance. Needless for me to say, i did`nt have any interview questions, i was just offered another job on the spot & was hired immediately, she ended up offering me a position for an hairstylist and she was willing to negotiate my pay & was just super helpful with everything. (Side note: APPEARANCE & PROFESSIONALISM IS KEY)

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX).

Interview

I spoke with HR and 3 different buyers during the process. They asked me a series of questions about character and my work experience. Overall, I enjoyed the interview because it was more dialogue than question and answering.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict with another employee in the workplace.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The actual interview took less than fifteen minutes. The interviewer was friendly and professional. I was asked basic questions about customer service and my reason for wanting to work there. I was offered a job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for J.C. Penny?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty simple it was held in two sessions. One as a group interview with other candidates. The second a more formal interview setting with store manager. She asked basic questions on background like education level and work experience. Although I applied for sales associate was offered a different positions.

Quality Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The first two interviews were on the phone with the HR and hiring manager and the last one was in-person with a panel of experts from different IT specialties. All the interviews were very well scheduled without any confusion or any changes. The interview Agenda, Interviewers, location etc were very well communicated. On the whole the process was very smooth!!

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in December 2017.

Interview

Process was easy. They called in two days to set up an interview. The interview was easy and I was able to start training the following week. After training I picked my schedule that was convenient to me

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Carlsbad, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Alex took 7 of us into a room and had us play with blocks to see how well we worked as a team.
    He showed us all a picture only for 10 seconds per one person and we had to try and build the exact replica of the blocks. It was away of seeing how well we work with others.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

It was lengthy, had to interview with the operations manager, beauty manager, field education manager, and someone else and took about 3 weeks from start to finish. Its very important to ask questions at the end to show interest. My favorite is 'what would be the best quality for me to excel in the position?'

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Went through 5 rounds of interviews (4 phone and 1 in person). It meant a lot to speak with multiple people. It showed me they really cared about who they placed in this role!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Hickory, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Asked me about what type of hours that I would like and the pay rate. She told me that someone that from the department that I applied to would call me more details about my job duties. After the interview, I got a phone call a few hours later saying that I job that I applied for was no longer available and to me, I just basically wasted my gas going all the way up there. If the job is not available then why would waste time interviewing people personally I will no longer consider applying for any future positions at this location.