J. C. Penney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at J. C. Penney

2,126 Interview Reviews

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Went to an open hiring event. Then got a call about a week later. Ask me to go to the orientation with 3 other people and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• My availability that was it.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

simple, to the point at first. as you continue in rounds it becomes more difficult. good company with room to expand and collaborate. fun environment, ability to travel.... must be willing to work on a team

Recovery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

I was hired as a seasonal employee for Christmas. I walked into the room and had to sign a waiting list. I was called in a couple minutes later. There were multiple interviewing stations throughout the room. It was very quite and the interview went by smooth. It was like I was talking to a friend. First I gave a little backstory about myself and then I was asked questions about what I would do in certain situations with a customer and was given options. I had to choose the best answer and explain why I chose it. The overall interview took only about 5 minutes. I was hired on the spot and told I would get a call in 2 weeks for training.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes up to you asking about a specific item in the store but it is out of stock, what would you say to them?   1 Answer

Seasonal Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Very brief yet efficient. Very informational and helpful. I was able to ask all the questions I wanted to ask after the interviewer was finished asking me questions. The interviewers questions were brief and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• Q: How much time will you be able to commit?   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Went to a career fair and was asked to apply online. Talked on the phone to a pr person and then the engineer lead who explained what the job would entail

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview process with JC Penney was quick, fun, and easy. I scheduled an initial screening interview with the recruiter using Calendly - so there was no back and forth - and we established salary expectations up front so there were no surprises at the end. Next, I talked to the hiring manager to learn more details and ask questions about the role. Finally, I completed around five Skype interviews with different individuals within the company. Everyone was kind, clear, and intelligent and the interviews were a good balance between situational interview questions and casual conversation. I received my offer in a timely fashion after the final interview, and the recruiter and hiring team made themselves available to me for any and all questions before I accepted. I felt valued and respected during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped your former employer establish a new way of doing things.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

HR screening, phone interview, followed by panel, HR did a good job of full cycle recruitment. Good team but panel interview was way too much.HR did a good job of full cycle recruitment. Good team but panel interview was way too much.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

It was done I. The store and poorly organized, ma anger was late, they smelled. It was bad. We didn’t get a lunch or any food when told we woeild.

Interview Questions

Interview

Group interview. Me and 5 other people in the training room and they asked us all questions. Low pressure environment and friendly staff. Interviews were extremely easy but competitive because of the group

Interview Questions

• How’d you hear about the job   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It took a really long time for them to get back to me after applying, months, I believe. However, from there on, they were good at communicating with me. They flew me to Dallas and booked me a hotel for the interview. Had a panel interview and gave a case study presentation to a group of employees.