J. C. Penney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2018
1,751 Interview Reviews

2.1

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The whole process is very pleasant. The HR recruiters are very helpful and professional! They are quick in answering questions, arrange interviews and etc. I feel lucky to get to work with them!

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job 2 days before I was called to come in for an interview. When I got to the company I was fold it would be a group interview with 5-6 people. We started out by doing a team work I get exercise where we had to use building blocks to make a structure, and later got into the actual interview for the job. Full interview length was about an hour.

Interview Questions

• From a customers prospective, what are some positive aspects about visiting your favorite stores?   1 Answer
    • From a customers prospective, what are some negative aspects about visiting your favorite stores?   1 Answer
    • What do you think a day in the job would be like?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Riverside, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I met the recruiter(s) for J.C. Penney at a university job fair. They really want to know if you are willing to learn & not just expecting a job because you have an education. I have a bit of retail experience & using it to show that customer service is a top priority was definitely helpful. Each customer is different & unique in their own way & anyone interviewing for this job should know that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Hiring process consisted of the submission of an application, a phone interview with a recruiter, and a series of in-person interviews with various managers and directors of procurement . The interviews happened in 30-minute intervals with pairs of managers and directors.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview process was very quick. I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with two managers and they made me feel very comfortable as well as asked me questions that pertained to the sales associate position.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a customer to open up a JCPenney credit card?   1 Answer

Order Filler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Columbus, OH).

Interview

long, but its what I need to do to try to land this job, what needs to be to complete this process to get to the next level. so hopefully I'm going to appeal the the interviewer

Interview Questions

• my feelings being productive, I had other jobs, that they didnt asked about so the only sad thing is you may get layed off, but that makes .   1 Answer

Marketing Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with the position's manager, then a half-day of on-site interviews with key members of the team. Overall, the interview process was a very positive experience. Kristen and Haley from Marketing HR made me feel welcomed from the get go, and checked on me multiple times during my on-site visit to see if I needed anything/felt comfortable in the office. They were both also extremely responsive to any questions I had throughout the process. The interviewers were all very sincere and appreciative of my time and effort throughout the interview process and made sure there was time leftover at the end for me to ask them any questions I had. They truly wanted to get to know who I was personally and professionally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in this position/the company, and a couple of case/scenario questions.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with Corporate Recruiter. Quick tour of campus and info about the history of JCPenney. Subsequently followed a 1.5 hour, 3 person interview with Sr Manager of Credit, HR Manager, and VP of Credit. Everything was on time, flexible, and communication was superb with the recruiter.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

It first started because I was looking for available jobs through indeed & I noticed that there was an open position for cashier & it had been posted an hour before I saw it, I immediately applied & the next day I went to the store & spoke to a hiring manager, she was very nice & wrote down my name & number. She then told me that they would look at my application & call me a little later. It was maybe like 2-3 hours later that another hiring manager called me & asked me for my availability & if I was available for an interview 2 days later, I said yes definitely & she was really nice & made sure to let me know to dress to impress & she gave me instructions on how to get to the office. Friday got here & I was super nervous, the interview was at 2pm, I got there 20 minutes earlier & there was 3 more people to be interviewed as well, at 2 the hiring manager came out, asked for our names & called us all in together, it was a group interview. We sat down in front of her & as soon as the interview started I felt at home basically, super friendly environment. The hiring manager started by telling us about herself, she then started saying our names making sure she was pronouncing them correctly, & the interview began. She went in order & asked very simple questions, she made everything very easy going & enjoyable. After we finished she went out of the office, then she came back & called us 1 by 1. When she got to me she reassured me & told me that it was nice to meet me & told me I had the job, she congratulated me & told me she’s excited to be able to work with me & that she would call me later on to give me the schedule due to she had to do a background check first. I thanked her & overall it was the best interview I’ve had since I’ve started working. The friendliness & kindness there was in the environment was so beautiful & it gets me excited to be able to work with them, so far this seems like a great job

Merchandise Associate/Fitting Room Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Peres, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Des Peres, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

Me and my friend went for a group interview with one other person. We were asked “tell me about yourself” by a Manager who also gave an example and told us about herself. Then we were asked what was our favorite cartoon character and why. We then participated in a group activity dealing with JCP. A general manager ce in later to talk to us about the company and what they wanted. Then we were taken into a room individually and told we got the job and what we needed to bring to be in the JCP system and to get paid.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite cartoon character?   1 Answer