KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

J. C. Penney Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,469 of over 2.5K interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.1
HardAverageEasy

J. C. Penney

Application

I interviewed at J. C. Penney

Interview

The process was fairly easy, i got called a couple weeks after applying. Interview was with manager and hr representative (both were present). The hours were good. Employees would receive a twenty percent discount.

Interview Questions
  • How would you promote credit applications?
    Answer Question

J. C. Penney

Application

I interviewed at J. C. Penney

Interview

Smooth interviewing process especially around holiday season, the interviews are pretty quick as they are hiring frequently. Each interview is different by location, but they make you feel comfortable, learn about the skills you currently have and what you're open to.

Interview Questions
  • If you are dealing with a difficult customer, how would you handle this?

J. C. Penney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney

Interview

First, I filled out an application online for the position I was looking to be hired for. Then, I was invited in for an in person interview. Finally, I was interviewed and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

J. C. Penney

Application

I interviewed at J. C. Penney

Interview

In the beginning there is about a 30 min phone call with a recruiter. After that call, I was passed on to the hiring manager who asked a series of questions in getting to know my background and experience.

Interview Questions
  • Could you tell me about yourself and describe your background in brief? How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations?

J. C. Penney

Application

I interviewed at J. C. Penney

Interview

HR contacted and set up a phone call. They set up an interview with a manager. The manager reviewed what I was looking for and it didn't match the position so they cancelled 5 minutes after the interview was supposed to start.

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in a career here? Why do you want to work for JC Penny? What trajectory do you see yourself taking?

J. C. Penney

Application

I interviewed at J. C. Penney

Interview

Group interview and team building exercise. There was one person interviewing about 8 people and everyone answered the questions asked and at the end asked if we had any questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lansing, MI) in Sep 2022

Interview

Interview process went very well and easy. There were 4 interviews. Only complaint would be how slow the process is. It took about three weeks to receive an offer after I applied.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Flower Mound, TX) in Sep 2022

Interview

Painless. Discussed the opportunity with two Directors and a HR manager via online interview, while continuously coordinating with a primary HR contact. I received the job offer soon after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • We discussed my relevant experience, as well as my background with JCPenney.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Cincinnati, OH) in Sep 2022

Interview

JCP recruiter Heather was my first point of contact. She spent an hour talking with me throughout the interview. She was transparent with all the information and answered all of my questions thoroughly. She then passed me on to interview with the District Manager and then the Regional VP. They were all very kind and made the interview feel very comfortable. Heather then circled back to me after this. She was phenomenal!

Interview Questions
  • How am I perceived by the people who have worked for me and what would they say about my leadership

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Laredo, TX) in Sep 2022

Interview

Everything went perfect!!, very professionals . All 3 filters I had to go through, I spoke to people, that not only were professional, they were also friendly, and easy going.

Interview Questions
  • Experienced, knowledge, and past employment
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,469 Interviews

J. C. Penney Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at J. C. Penney as 73.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.13 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Associate and Customer Service Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Retail Sales Associate and Customer Service Specialist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at J. C. Penney takes an average of 13 days when considering 2,684 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Seasonal Sales Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 10 days).

Common stages of the interview process at J. C. Penney according to 2,684 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 22.54%