J. C. Penney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

1,587 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Albany, NY).

Interview

A basic group interview with 4-5 other people. Different questions were asked for particular people but everyone was also asked to answer a couple of the same question. the interview lasted about 30-45 mins.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview was very professional and cared for my needs as a new worker, the lady was super nice and made everything smooth. The interview took about 30 minutes which seemed like 5 minutes. Everything was a clean and easy process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to create my own pitch as if I was going to sell something   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Flowood, MS).

Interview

applied online, completed personality quiz; was called in to interview in a team environment; played team games; then interviewed 1 on 1 with assistant store manager; was called the next day after interview and asked when i would like to start

Mens Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Conway, AR).

Interview

I applied online then called and asked the HR to review my application. I then received a phone call a day later to set up the interview. I was intviewed by two mangers at the same time and we kind of just had a conversation they didn't really ask me any job related questions they just want to see if you are a social person because you'll be working with customers all day.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I submitted application thru their website. A recruiter reached out to me and asked me to fill in a bunch of questionnaires to address my skills and experience. I did. She never got back to me. I sent her a follow up email, she did not respond either. I thought it was pretty unprofessional on their part.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working in a retail, eCommerce environment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was fun. I had a blast and would do it again. It felt like your typical interview, they ask you the same questions that all companies do. How did you find out about us, why do you want to work for us, and so on and so forth.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a stressful situation   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Simple. Applied online got a call from HR. Met her in person and she hired me on the spot. She even took into consideration where I thought I would work best in the store. Good first job

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any questions. We just had a conversation about my interests   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke Rapids, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roanoke Rapids, NC).

Interview

It was a group interview and everyone got to hear others answers. So, I dont think people gave honest answers. They hears something that sounded nice and said repeated it.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell the clothing that you are wearing today?   1 Answer

Salon Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

More than 1 interview. Phone screen interview with recruiter and other upper management. A couple face to face interviews with store and district management. It was some time ago and is hard to recollect.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview was a group interview where we did a game to see how well we worked together. It was very enjoyable and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you enjoy doing here.   1 Answer