J. C. Penney Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (League City, TX).

Interview

I really don't remember as it was over twenty years ago. I believe it was very brief, and they hired me on quickly because I had a referral from a long time employee with a great reputation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Group interview. It was relaxed. Played games, had open conversation. Myself and two other got hired from about eight. After the group interview they called us with a job offer

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Salinas, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process went good and they conducted group interviews. We had to pick something from their sales ad and try to sell it to one of the other interviewees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

two part interview . one group & one private . fairly easy , had to assist a customer to see how you managed. Had to watch 4 long demonstration videos

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA).

Interview

I submitted an application. Department manager took me back for an interview right away. He hired me on the spot and asked me to start in two days when the training manager returned to work from vacation.

Interview Questions

• How are you with credit applications?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Gainesville, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a quick and simple interview, hiring managers were extremely friendly and were willing to work with me in every situation brought up. I got to meet the store manager the same day of my interview which was a great honor. They never made me feel discouraged in any way, they make sure that you feel like a part of the JC Penney family as son as you walk into the store.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability? Have you had any customer service experience or retail work experience?   1 Answer

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Bay Shore, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied to JC Penney on July 3rd and I got a call back on July 6th. The initial call was a mini interview. She asked me a few questions that needed little to no knowledge of anything really. She asked about my work experience, what did I do there, why did I leave my last job, have I worked since then, my availability, do I have transportation & things like that. I had the interview later on that week. It was a group interview and it's basically just going through a lot of scenarios. First they give you a product that you have to do a pitch for like on shark tank and then you work with the group to see which product would be best and then you pitch that product to the manager or whoever is interviewing you, and then you do roleplaying where they are the customer and you have to help them pick out what they need. After that was over, she called us individually to another room and asked a few more questions, I listed a few of those questions below. She informed me of their salary(which is 9.00 an hour) and that a background check would have to be cleared before I could be hired and she said that can take up to a week. The whole process took about 25 to 30 minutes. The woman was very nice and welcoming. I felt like I missed up a couple times but she said I did well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

I was prepped by an HR rep then had the actual interview with the HR manager. I received the offer right after the interview but the offer is contingent on a background check then once it checks out you'd be in the next training class.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone that you don't get along with at the workplace?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Quick. Basic questions to see if you understand the job. I applied based on a friend's recommendation and was interviewed and hired within 2 weeks. I was asked into the store manager's office and she asked me a few basic questions, showed me an orientation video, and let me know what my job woukd entail.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Very friendly, ask common questions. Manager was very nice, and flexible hours. Decent pay, but hard to get any type of appreciation. Shoe department very competitive, only give you 1% commission on each pair that you sale. Be careful for fellow associates, some are greedy and steal commission.

Interview Questions

• If you have 3 customers and 1 is ready to pay how would you handle it?   Answer Question