J. C. Penney Loss Prevention Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2016

2.5

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

1st interview - call with the recruiter
    2n interview - face to face interview with District Mgr.
    3rd interview - face to face with the general Mgr at location your applying too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What was your most successful internal?
      Have you ever got a bad stop? did you do? What did you learn from it?
      There will be team develop questions.
      Managing a team etc...
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter will ask you for your current salary, then ask what compensation you are looking for.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was with the lead the man at the last prevention manager the store manager and the district manager they asked the normal questions there were six of us was the first time I ever had a multi-person interview and it went very well

Interview Questions

• why did you choose to apply for JCPenneys   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oneida, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Oneida, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Set up and interview with the loss prevention manager, he seemed very interested in me but told me he still had other people to interview. Told me he would give me a call before the month was over and all his interviews were finished. Said he would call even if I didn't get the job so that I wouldn't be waiting for it. Never called. It's been almost 2 months later so I'm just assuming I didn't get the job. Ha ha.

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Mobile, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick and to the point ask more about how many people did i catch. Now help with training at all. I did like that they was interested in the people i caught instead of enlightening me on Jcpenney.

Interview Questions

• How many people have i caught   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Roseville, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

In store interview District manager. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Process went well and waiting for a follow-up call. Very good potential for upward movement. Good benefits and 401k plan.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed three times and had to do a personality test and two applications. Had a drug test, but because of the shortage of staff I did not get it to go through the starting process I had to Begin work immediately after on boarding. One of the people who interviewed me Miss Christy was very very nice and made me very comfortable she also did my onboarding

Interview Questions

• What qualities and skills would an ex employer say I brought to table   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a home office recruiter via Linkedin and sent a copy of my resume. A phone interview was set up and then a 3 hour interview at the home office. Interviewed with HR Sr. Manager, LP corporate manager, and LP Senior Manager. They came in one at a time and had their own focus of questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were faced with a challenge or a decision that you knew was not going to be popular.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was discussing the position with family and got an email offering a slightly higher salary.

Senior Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Richmond, VA).

Interview

App is online and assessment challenging, but the interview was not difficult, the key is to be proactive in all your answers and you will be fine. If the hiring manager likes you as a person you will be ok in the hiring process since it is a one on one interview and not a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were faced with a problem, how did you deal with it and what was the out come?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tucson, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied once and was interviewed once by the Area Manager, it was a fairly standard LP interview. After the interview was over, I was told that I did well and should expect a call to schedule a second interview with the District Manger, however I never received a call. I called several times to ask about a second interview and to see if the position was still available, I was never able to get a hold of the Area Manager and was never called back.
    A year later, the LPA position opened up again, I once again interviewed with the Area Manager and this time was given a second interview with the District Manager, both of which went well and I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Edina, MN).

Interview

Easy interview 1 interview not much was asked just experience. I interviewed with one person and I received a call back that day. The background check can take sometime depending on the timing of it. If you have a record don't bother.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Really none. Base it off experience.