J. C. Penney Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2016

2.9

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2016.

Interview

Was over the phone and lasted 20 munutes. Asked about job and education background. Also asked about work ethic and was very short. Asked questions about communication and decribe what type of leader you are. Set up in-store interview afterwards. Was informed that relocation may occur in the future.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to communicate undesirable information?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Standard Interviews and questions.
    Call and interview from recruiter, selection of preferable store location, phone interview from district manager, and in person interview with store manager. Started to apply for the intern position and then stayed on for 1 year to finish college and move into the trainee position

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2014.

Interview

Interview with recruiter, store manager and district manager. Process took less than 2 weeks. Overall very efficient and quick process. Average difficulty and was very conversational, not so formal.

Anonymous Employee in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Mayaguez, PR) in March 2014.

Interview

You interview with the recruiter for the region over the phone or skype. After she deems you good enough, then HR for district and then you speak with the DM and finally store manager.

Interview Questions

• What were your biggest successes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Eatontown, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

First you will have an initial phone interview. Next you will interview with a store leader in the store they are thinking of placing you. Lastly, you will interview with the district leader, which could be quite a bit of distance from your potential store location, but worth it if you get that far into the process.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a store manager in the next two years?   1 Answer

Sales Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Very structured interview.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions. Mostly regarding candidate's personality   Answer Question

Sales Manager Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Easy questions. Talk about your resume, tell me about a time you showed leadership, were involved in a group, tell me about project you worked on with difficult group members what did you do, why would you be fit for this position

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult- make sure you can talk about past projects and past experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lakewood, CA).

Interview

I had 4 interviews before I was hired. Only one of them was a face to face interview. it took almost a month.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

The whole process from start to finish was easy. The only concerned I had with the hiring process is how they questioned me about my degrees. Fortunately, I explained it to them as best possible and it worked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able negotiate a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

You will be required to take one phone interview, one in person interwove and maybe one with district manager. Phone interview is 25 mins, in person is one hour and one hour with the DM. Just be your self and be confident in your answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can give an offer and they will negotiate with it, experience can get you more money