J. C. Penney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
1,511 Interview Reviews

2.1

Software Interview

Interview

easy good not so tough wasy peasy will have to write a full review later but was easy not so hard lemme plz leave this page i have a lot of work to do.

Interview Questions

• software how to do questions   1 Answer

IT Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The first round of the interview process involved a 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter/HR employee. The second round was another 30-minute phone interview but with the intention of getting an idea of which IT position you might be placed in after the IT Trainee program. The third and final round was a trip to JCPenney headquarters in Plano, TX and round robin style interviews consisting of three separate interview panels with two interviewers each. The time from my first phone interview to the final round was about 2 weeks.

The final round interviews were surprisingly straightforward and mostly behavioral questions, with a few technical questions to get an idea of your stronger areas. Some of the typical "Tell us about a time when..." questions were asked, but they were slightly different than the usual versions of these questions.

Make sure to have questions for them and show a strong interest in understanding more about the company. I think my lacking in this area was among the main reasons I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you received feedback from peers that you felt was incorrect or unfair.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Palmdale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online a week later got called for an interview within 2 days. 2 women conducted the interview ver nice, make you feel comfortable. Group interview with 3 other people. Was suppose to be 4. Made us go around and introduce ourselves and say 2 fun facts about ourselves, ice breaker. Asked us basic interview questions. Did an activity where they made us choose a paper that had ideas on it (regarding jcp) and we had to choose one and pitch it and how it would benefit jcp. Told us we would hear from them within the afternoon. Got a callback and accepted.

Assistant Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2017.

Interview

It started out as a phone interview with a recruiter where they just want a basic overview of your experience.Then they move on to an in person interview I interviewed with the person who was leaving the position as well as the GM.They were friendly but I thought were a bit vague when describing the job position and the expectation.Job titles vary from company to company,I believe making clear what that title means for that company and expectations is important.I felt the interview could have had more structure.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a situation if the GM was not there?   Answer Question

IT Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

JCPenney had a very smooth and thorough interview process. Everyone I spoke to was very nice and genuine. The whole process was also organized and timely. Overall I thought they did a good job and it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Java and Javascript?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Denton, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a group interview where 5 of us had to do a team building exercise. There were no individual interviews. For the team building exercise, we had to look at a picture of a structure for 15 seconds each and then instruct the team on how to build it.

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better during the team building exercise?   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Interviewed with General Manager and Assistant Manager. Was a very relaxed and comfortable process. Afterwards I was called by tje General Manager 3 days later and offered the position. Started a few days later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an all day interview, but the good thing is they let you know the same day. It was a group interview, went around the room, asked basic interview questions, very easy and then we just waited until they let us know

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Relatively easy group interview. Went in and basically asked if it was OK to steal from the register, which is an obvious no. Mostly easy questions that alost anyone would know.

Clerk Interview

Interview

The interview was quick, easy and fun. The interviewer was kind and did not make me nervous. It was not t a lot of pressure. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer