J. C. Penney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,680 Interview Reviews

2.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

First, there were two rounds of phone screenings
    Then it was a technical presentation to senior management
    Had to present the whole data science process from the initial process on a given use case and visualize it

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I applied online and was called the next day to set up an inshore interview. I went in to the interviewers office and after her second question was told she couldn't hire me because I won't be here on thanksgiving break, which I totally understand, and was told to call back the Monday after.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lakewood, CA).

Interview

Brought in for a group interview. We were asked to do an activity with blocks right in front of two managers. They observed closely then started inviting certain people to the back for one on one interviews. Asked about previous retail experience. Asked about future plans (Due to the fact that I had just graduated high school). Strengths/Weaknesses. Negotiated pay due to previous experience, Job offer the same day.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2017.

Interview

It was an amazing interview. It was with the General and Assistant manager. They were both really relaxed. First we went around and said our name, favorite sports team and favorite restaurant. Then they told us about the position. They they walked out for a few minutes and talked about hiring us. Finally they came back in and said we were all hired. It was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your name, favorite sports team and favorite restaurant?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and It was a group interview and then after it was a quick one on one to tell us if they would hire us or not. The group interview was me and 11 other people and they were only hiring 3. I was very intimidated because they were all makeup artists and I was not. Then she went around in a circle and asked us all a different question from a sheet of paper, so everybody had a on the spot different question. She then talked about Sephora and what they are looking for. Not very interactive as I thought it would be. Afterwards she started calling people one by one up to her office, asked them one or two questions, then said if we were hired or not. I got hired!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day. Went in for an interview the day after the call. Waited an hour for a two minute interview. Was asked one question, then was asked if I had questions and I asked them but they weren't answered. On their phone for the majority of the interview. Then I was told I had the job if I worked Thanksgiving.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. They went around and asked for everyone's names, then they told us we were going to do something called the "next big thing". It was basically to see how everyone would listen to each other and solve problems. It was actually pretty fun, and a nice change from the norm. The group was nice. They also asked about availability at the end. They also mentioned they were doing a background check, and after they would call us and tell us their decision.

Interview Questions

• What is your normal availability and are you available for thanksgiving/black friday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ponce, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Ponce, PR) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was quite easy, although they made us wait a lot before it. It was a 1: 1 interview. The questions were easy and they gave me the job the same day.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy me and five people when interviewed together we had a project we did together learning how to supervise each other and talked about or previous jobs and non work life.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Mesa, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was a group interview with four others. When we got into the room they went around the room asking our favorite thanksgiving foods. After that we got asked five scenario questions ( what would you do if someone needed a certain size shoes but it wasn’t on the shelf). After we did the block team building activity where we went around and directed the group how to make what was shown on the iPad. You had ten seconds to look and 10 minutes ( I think) to make it. We went around the group until it was done or the time ran out. After they pulled us out and offered us a job.