J. C. Penney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018
1,682 Interview Reviews

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Westminster, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I showed up and was directed to a room that leads to offices. I sat outside of the offices and waited for the interviewer to call my name. I was interview by both an HR representative and the hiring manager. They bother asked me question about myself as a person and my job experience.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2017.

Interview

I began with a phone interview, then a Skype interview and finally an in-person interview. The process was longer than I expected but I blame it on the holiday season.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

on spot, not much to think about here. I walked in and told them I wanted a job. She interviewed me on the spot because they needed someone. right place, right time. no magic.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The process is extremely lenient and easy. I had a group interview. There weren’t too many personal questions asked, Moreso questions asked about the actual work. For example: Do you know how to recover?

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an angry customer   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2017.

Interview

Today was national hiring day for jcpennys and they were extremely friendly and welcoming! They were hiring for temporary workers which is okay with me because it's my first job. I got asked 3 questions and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who is looking for a shirt that is not available in the store?   1 Answer

Tech Design Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview I had was a good combination of more standard interview questions as well as discussion about my work and my career goals which I found more beneficial when it came to advertising myself.

Interview Questions

• What is a skill you can improve on?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2017.

Interview

Brief, but constructive 30 interviews with team members. Everyone was friendly and professional. The recruiters at JCP are a great help and will work with you to identify opportunities that are a great fit for you and JCP. One of the more enjoyable hiring processes I have been a part of.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Senior Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with four individuals for the buying team and HR. It went really well. The people I interviewed conducted themselves professionally and were very nice. I am looking forward to working at JCP.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging part of your previous ? Why do you want to come to work for JCP? What did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Montclair, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was scheduled on National Hiring Day, I had planned on walking in, till I received the phone call to come in. It was nice group of people who showed up. Friendly employees, the lady was very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How I would help a customer if they came to me looking for something   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and took about 3 weeks:

• Phone Interview
    • Case Study: given 72 hours to complete
    • On-site interview
    • Offer letter

They are very communicative, efficient, and give feedback quickly.