J. C. Penney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017
1,509 Interview Reviews

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

friendly, fast, east, good, they wanted people as seasonal position, computer based, easy to understand. i was able to start working from the very next day. only one person in the interview board

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was fairly easy, I was called in for an interview and the process was very fast. I was able to have a one on one interview and also a personality test that was part of my online application.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to learn from the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

Walked into the store a week after applying and handed the store manager my resume. She invited me to sit down and asked a few questions (one of them being "pitch the stapler as if I were a customer", so I had to sell her the stapler!)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, which obviously upset me a little. The woman who interviewed me apologized and said she had to help a customer, which was okay. She was very nice and didn't make me feel nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at JCPenney?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied online, got called a week later for an interview on the same day. Had an interview with manager, told me about the position, salary and expectation. The interview was super easy, asked me one question. Got hired on the spot.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Applied on their website. Took less then a week and they gave me a call to set up an interview. Went in 15 mins before it started and it was a group interview, me and 3 other people. They stress that you be available on black friday and christmas and stressed seeking jcpenny credit cards to customers. They made us watch a video and talk about what happen in the video. & we have to do one more activity. It went well but they never called back.

Seasonal Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (West Covina, CA).

Interview

A group interview where we were asked to pick from a selection of proposals and advocate your choice to the group. Then we were asked to vote for the best proposal for the store. After we were tasked with arranging clothes on a four way.

Interview Questions

• If you were a Disney character who would you be?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2016.

Interview

I applied at midnight on Friday and at 2pm that same day, I got a call. We talked briefly. She asked my age, my availability and why I was looking for a second job. She told me that I could come in later that night for an interview or early the next morning. I decided to come the next morning. I arrived 20 minutes early, but looked around for a little bit before going up and asking where I go to take the interview. The ladies at the cash register called up the woman who called me, and another girl showed up. She walked us back and asked us questions about what we were doing for Thanksgiving. When we sat inside she asked us a few small questions, but mostly talked about the job. She genuinly wanted to get to know us and our expirence. After about 5 minutes, she told me to go wait outside while she finished the interview with the other girl. I sat in their breakroom and waited for probably 7-8 minutes. She called me back and offered me the job. She explained that I would be working the register, and that the HR department will call me back after my background check went through.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me a Little something about yourself   Answer Question
    • Name one retail experience at another store that you enjoyed. Explain what made it enjoyable.   Answer Question
    • Availability. She asked about my school/how many hours I wanted to work   Answer Question
    • Are you able to work Thanksgiving?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Gainesville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

We came as a group of about 5 people, and the manager explained the job etc to all of us at once, then talked to each of us privately one at a time to assess availability, experience, mostly just to get a read on your personality. I was hired before I even left the room.

Seasonal Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called a couple of weeks after submitting my application, at which point I was asked a couple questions and invited to interview with them a few days later. The interview was conducted as a group with the Operations Manager--there were 6 others interviewing with me. After the group portion, we had a one-on-one with the manager. I was offered a seasonal position but the wage was too low.

Interview Questions

• Pick between two scenarios and explain why you think the one you choose would be best for JC Penny   Answer Question

Wage was too low