J. C. Penney Pricing Team Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Pricing Team Associate Interview Questions

2.0

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call 10 minutes after I completed the online application and was asked to come in the following week for an interview. At the interview, which was a group interview, they were about 20 of us and everyone was eager. With like 5 managers.The main thing in these interviews but especially for JCPENNEY you have to show up and stand out. I did by being impressionable and showing some humor when necessary. Just be yourself. After I was called In like everyone else, each of us one by one, by the HR manager. I was offered the position and I accepted. Less than a week later my background check cleared and the next day orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Manteca, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Manteca, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few weeks later for a group interview. I had done a group interview for the same place of employment a year before but was not hired. We all shared a little about ourselves including where our dream vacation would be and then did a group puzzle exercise which was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. We were then all called in one by one to do a quick one on one interview. I was the last called and met another manager. I was offered a position and started a week or so later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate considering the job was seasonal and entry level.

Pricing Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. They only asked general questions and give a brief job description- if you want to get more detail you must ask otherwise you will be fooled. The interview will be done by several mangers who read from a script that just answers if you can do the job. Once offered the job the hiring process goes very quick!

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Reno, NV).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back about a week later and went in for an interview the next day. Meet with the department manager first. Then meet with the Assistant Manager and he asked me typical interview questions. How would you handle different situations? Why do you want to work here? Nothing too hard. Hired that day. Waited almost two weeks for drug and background check.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Moline, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed twice. The first was a Saturday with a department supervisor. We went through availability and she asked a few questions like "When was a time you did more than required of you at your previous job?" We also discussed my experience pertaining to the job and she took me through the responsibilities and tasks included in the position. The second interview was the following Tuesday with the assistant manager. It was very laid back and simple. She asked me a few questions about how my previous employer would rate my performance. She told me the company guidelines and procedures then offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What standards did you use as far as providing customer service at your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The starting pay rate was already better than what I received at my last retail job so I was pleased.

Pricing Team Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2010.

Interview

Applied online got called for an interview after about a week. The first interview was 1:1 with the department manager of the department I would be working in. She asked question about my availability, why I wanted to work there,and why they should hire me. At the end of the interview she asked me to come back the following day for a second interview. The second interview was a group interview and we were asked simple questions like what we would do if so saw another associate stealing and how would we handle angry customers. We were told we would get a call the next day if we were hired but it took them 4 days to call me back. I was offered a job and I accepted.