J. C. Penney Replenishment Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a group and one on one interview! There was an activity in which you were given 4 options and had to choose the best one for attracting the most customers to the store. Then you had to present your idea to the group and the group had to unanimously agree on the best one. Afterwards we had our one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve JCPenney to attract more customers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Really innovative large group interview. They set up little ice breakers, then a game/contest type of thing where we tried to create a sales pitch and convince everybody to pick a way to bring in the most customers/sales.

A lot of the girls there were really fake and picked the most stupid unrealistic things, yet they were favored by the group. Totally annoying and awkward hiring process. Great for the extrovert narcissistic type people.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lake Charles, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the hiring manager 2 hours later. She asked me to come in for an interview the following day. The interview was more like a conversation and really relaxed. I heard of this company having group interviews but mine was a one on one with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Simply we were in groups did 3 things they wanted us to do. Then one by one they called us in to tell us if we got the job. The first two or three days are tranning days.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Montgomery, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview consist of four for me. We were called into a conference room. There were colored blocks on the table. Each of us were to view a model on the ipad for ten seconds and after that instruct the other three members how to construct it without yourself touching the blocks. We rotate and take turning doing this until the 15 minutes was up or the model was done correctly within tat time. Afterward we were giving each a paper with scenarios on it. We pick one out of the two we think is the best and try to convince the other members that your ideas is the best and at the end we voted on one ideas. We were then call individually into a separate room to know if we are hire or not.

Interview Questions

• Give an adjective that begin with the same first letter of your name.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The store manager took me around the store and asked me how I would merchandise things differently in the store. Had to dress professional but the actually interview I had was very casual.

Interview Questions

• How did I see myself fitting in with their company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Arcadia, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with two parts. First you were divided into groups and each given a paper with two scenarios. You had to choose one and then present it to your group, then your group chooses one to present to everyone. It felt like a high school class activity. Next, some people are released and the remaining candidates are sent to a department in the store, given 10 minutes to get familiar, and then has to role play sales person/customer with one of the interviewers. Next you are called back for a one on one interview with a supervisor.

The interview was easy, but the frustrating part is that they didn't tell me they were considering me for a completely different position than what I applied for. I did not find this out until midway through the second interview, which I do not think is very professional. I was also not given an explanation as to the switch, and it did not seem the position I had applied for had been filled or closed.

Anonymous Employee in Tigard, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tigard, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

Was called by HR manager two days after applying online and notified of group interview. Group interview consisted of 20 others, which made it difficult to respond to questions; best advice is to raise your hand and wait until being called upon. Store general manager and assistant manager were also present, taking notes. HR manager, who conducted the interview, was VERY outgoing and wanted lively conversation. If you are intent on working here, it's imperative you take the initiative and volunteer answers to the questions posed–which was difficult for an introvert like me. The questions are not hard, but getting your voice heard can be. Group was also split into two teams and instructed to role-play a Survivor-esque nomination of one last person standing. Finally, all managers left the room, and each applicant was called out individually to learn their fate. Interview took 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Glendale, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was called on a Monday and was told I had an interview that Wednesday at 6:30 pm. I got there about fifteen minutes early and met another person who was waiting for an interview scheduled just before me.
    The interviewer asked about my work background and education background. He asked me to give him three words to describe myself. To me it seemed like it went well. He even told me he liked my availability and my background. Seemed like it definitely had the job. But...this wasn't the case.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Concord, NH) in August 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by the Store Manager since Hiring Manager was on vacation. Went on the interview, Store Manager and Assistant Manager were there in her office. Store Manager asked generic questions read from a template that is asked of all people on a interview. Questions were mostly about retail scenarios and what could happen and how I would handle any given situation. After that, I was asked a few more questions not from a template and it was a friendly atmosphere. The Store Manager hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult questions asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. They already know what they are going to offer you. If you don't take the low pay and part time work, there is always someone waiting in line, so to speak, to take the job. I asked for 25 hours a week at least, they promised that on the interview, but do not always live up to this promise. It makes it difficult to pay bills when you are not given the hours promised.