J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Palmdale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online a week later got called for an interview within 2 days. 2 women conducted the interview ver nice, make you feel comfortable. Group interview with 3 other people. Was suppose to be 4. Made us go around and introduce ourselves and say 2 fun facts about ourselves, ice breaker. Asked us basic interview questions. Did an activity where they made us choose a paper that had ideas on it (regarding jcp) and we had to choose one and pitch it and how it would benefit jcp. Told us we would hear from them within the afternoon. Got a callback and accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an all day interview, but the good thing is they let you know the same day. It was a group interview, went around the room, asked basic interview questions, very easy and then we just waited until they let us know

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Relatively easy group interview. Went in and basically asked if it was OK to steal from the register, which is an obvious no. Mostly easy questions that alost anyone would know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Merritt Island, FL).

Interview

There were building blocks and a few moments to try to study a picture and try to recreate as a team. I find it offensive that I did not receive a job offer, because the few times I visit the store, the service is pitiful. I'm such a better, harder worker, so I guess it's for the best. I never liked games, so the blocks did not work for me.

Interview Questions

• After the building blocks ridiculousness, the one-on-one was obviously a courtesy and there were no difficult questions, just a feeling that he couldn't get me out of there quick enough. I don't fit in and now I am very glad I do not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and called the manager next day. He said he would call me back when he got to my name, and he did call back a couple days letter to schedule an interview. The interview was a group interview consisting of different games. We were then interviewed individually, and that's where we were told if we were hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Jacksonville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of January and got a call the 2nd of March. She asked me to come in the next day. It was 1 on 1. She asked me about previous experience and told me about the company and openings. I was offered a job on the spot and told that they would be in contact with me after the background check came back to set up orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview. We did an exercise to kinda bond a little and then were asked the real interview questions. After that we talked to the general manager and she hired all 7 of us! Everyone was really nice!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First Interview was a group interview. There were 3 of us, including myself. They made us look at a building structure for 10 minutes and with a team, built it. Then, they gave us a paper with scenario and asked us which was a good marketing technique to get more people to come to JCPenney.

Interview Questions

• Which scenario in the paper is the best   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

It was so basic because at the time they really needed workers. So they took anyone who could form coherent sentences. I had two interviews. They were swift, easy, and had me working right after the second interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2017.

Interview

There was a block building exercise! Kind of like a team building game. If y'all have to do this I suggest work one level at a time and you'll get it done in 10 minutes! Trust me on this! Do not rush.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   Answer Question
    • Why I would make a good part of their team?   Answer Question
    • Finally, some basic questions about ourselves. Be honest, don't blow blow smoke, because they are trying to figure out which department you'd work best in!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate because I only had one job before but they did give me the chance to if I wanted! Also said there would be opportunities for me to get a raise based on job performance!