J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received telephone call for interview appointment. Very casual one-on-one interview. After the interview I received a telephone call the next day offering me the position for which I applied. I did negotiate salary at this point. They were offering minimum wage, which i did not accept. However, they were flexible and we came to an acceptable number.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer didn't ask any questions out of the ordinary. Simple job-related questions. It was fast and simple.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Very simple. Phone interview first then one on one with the hiring manager. Explained job, pay, offers position right on the spot. Asks a few situational questions and how you would handle them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lancaster, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was asked a few questions over the phone the next day. Questions which the person on the other end of the phone call should have known if he had read my application and or my resume. Went in for interview the next day and expected the usual one on one interview with the hiring manager and instead it was a "group interview" if you can call it that. One person didnt show so there was 2 of us. Employee asked us to build this tower made of wood blocks which is not relevant at all to the actual job I applied for. You have to look at this spinning image on a tablet for 10 seconds and be expected to remember it and know how to build it. This is not fair in any way. Is designed to make people look stupid and i failed it badly and that was the end of that. I had to leave. End of "interview".

Interview Questions

• They asked me nothing. They made us build a tower which was not relevant to the job in any way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about a week or two later I got called for an interview, interview was nice and smooth. Manager had a good vibe and so did the assistant manager. Questions where reasonable since I had no previews experience.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Palmdale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online a week later got called for an interview within 2 days. 2 women conducted the interview ver nice, make you feel comfortable. Group interview with 3 other people. Was suppose to be 4. Made us go around and introduce ourselves and say 2 fun facts about ourselves, ice breaker. Asked us basic interview questions. Did an activity where they made us choose a paper that had ideas on it (regarding jcp) and we had to choose one and pitch it and how it would benefit jcp. Told us we would hear from them within the afternoon. Got a callback and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Denton, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a group interview where 5 of us had to do a team building exercise. There were no individual interviews. For the team building exercise, we had to look at a picture of a structure for 15 seconds each and then instruct the team on how to build it.

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better during the team building exercise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an all day interview, but the good thing is they let you know the same day. It was a group interview, went around the room, asked basic interview questions, very easy and then we just waited until they let us know

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Relatively easy group interview. Went in and basically asked if it was OK to steal from the register, which is an obvious no. Mostly easy questions that alost anyone would know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Merritt Island, FL).

Interview

There were building blocks and a few moments to try to study a picture and try to recreate as a team. I find it offensive that I did not receive a job offer, because the few times I visit the store, the service is pitiful. I'm such a better, harder worker, so I guess it's for the best. I never liked games, so the blocks did not work for me.

Interview Questions

• After the building blocks ridiculousness, the one-on-one was obviously a courtesy and there were no difficult questions, just a feeling that he couldn't get me out of there quick enough. I don't fit in and now I am very glad I do not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and called the manager next day. He said he would call me back when he got to my name, and he did call back a couple days letter to schedule an interview. The interview was a group interview consisting of different games. We were then interviewed individually, and that's where we were told if we were hired or not.