J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

1.9

438 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2017.

Interview

It was an amazing interview. It was with the General and Assistant manager. They were both really relaxed. First we went around and said our name, favorite sports team and favorite restaurant. Then they told us about the position. They they walked out for a few minutes and talked about hiring us. Finally they came back in and said we were all hired. It was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your name, favorite sports team and favorite restaurant?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call the next day. Went in for an interview the day after the call. Waited an hour for a two minute interview. Was asked one question, then was asked if I had questions and I asked them but they weren't answered. On their phone for the majority of the interview. Then I was told I had the job if I worked Thanksgiving.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The process is extremely lenient and easy. I had a group interview. There weren’t too many personal questions asked, Moreso questions asked about the actual work. For example: Do you know how to recover?

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an angry customer   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2017.

Interview

Today was national hiring day for jcpennys and they were extremely friendly and welcoming! They were hiring for temporary workers which is okay with me because it's my first job. I got asked 3 questions and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer who is looking for a shirt that is not available in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lake Grove, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Very calm and relaxed. Went to a hiring event and had a two step interview. I️ met with the leader on duty then the store manager. Was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was being irrational/ impossible to satisfy   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview was very professional and cared for my needs as a new worker, the lady was super nice and made everything smooth. The interview took about 30 minutes which seemed like 5 minutes. Everything was a clean and easy process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to create my own pitch as if I was going to sell something   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was fun. I had a blast and would do it again. It felt like your typical interview, they ask you the same questions that all companies do. How did you find out about us, why do you want to work for us, and so on and so forth.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a stressful situation   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Simple. Applied online got a call from HR. Met her in person and she hired me on the spot. She even took into consideration where I thought I would work best in the store. Good first job

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any questions. We just had a conversation about my interests   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview was a group interview where we did a game to see how well we worked together. It was very enjoyable and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you enjoy doing here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calumet City, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Calumet City, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with me and 2 others. The interview was very quick and easy and the hr woman showed us where we'd be working inside the store. We all got hired on the spot and my first day is tomorrow !