J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

1.9

425 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview was very professional and cared for my needs as a new worker, the lady was super nice and made everything smooth. The interview took about 30 minutes which seemed like 5 minutes. Everything was a clean and easy process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to create my own pitch as if I was going to sell something   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was fun. I had a blast and would do it again. It felt like your typical interview, they ask you the same questions that all companies do. How did you find out about us, why do you want to work for us, and so on and so forth.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a stressful situation   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Simple. Applied online got a call from HR. Met her in person and she hired me on the spot. She even took into consideration where I thought I would work best in the store. Good first job

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any questions. We just had a conversation about my interests   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview was a group interview where we did a game to see how well we worked together. It was very enjoyable and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you enjoy doing here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calumet City, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Calumet City, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with me and 2 others. The interview was very quick and easy and the hr woman showed us where we'd be working inside the store. We all got hired on the spot and my first day is tomorrow !

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was 4 of us interviewed with one HR manager so it was pretty small. Mostly we did challenges like try to sell a department to the rest of the group. I guess she wanted to see our communication skills. A lot of the interview was just her explaining what we would do in the store if we were to get hired.

Anonymous Employee in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Colonial Heights, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview you process was very smooth, I'm not going to lie I was a little bit nervous going in, but after the first question I was calm. Thanks to Glassdoor I'm truly grateful to them. There's honestly no website like this one.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle being under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Richmond, CA).

Interview

The process was very brief. They asked very general questions. There was a group of approximately 5 candidates and two employees supervising the process. They went around asking the employees to give us a brief rundown of our history then put forward questions and asked certain people to answer them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Buffalo, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was called about a week later. I came in for a group interview and there was five of us. We then did a team exercise where we had to take turns instructing the group on how to build this block structure. We only had 10 seconds to look at the picture of the blocks and then 60 seconds to tell the group how to move the blocks. It was supposed to show them how we worked as a team. They then took us back one by one to ask us questions about our application.

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Noblesville, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I got a phone call inviting me for an interview. The interview was a group one, we were three applicants. The interview was easy and simple and then they interviewed us separately which was easy and fast just asked me to tell her about my self.. I was offered a position and pay on the spot and I was told they will contact me after my background check comes back. It's been almost two weeks now and didn't hear from them. Very disappointed