J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

1.9

416 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was fun. I had a blast and would do it again. It felt like your typical interview, they ask you the same questions that all companies do. How did you find out about us, why do you want to work for us, and so on and so forth.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a stressful situation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Simple. Applied online got a call from HR. Met her in person and she hired me on the spot. She even took into consideration where I thought I would work best in the store. Good first job

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any questions. We just had a conversation about my interests   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

The interview was a group interview where we did a game to see how well we worked together. It was very enjoyable and the interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you enjoy doing here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Calumet City, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Calumet City, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with me and 2 others. The interview was very quick and easy and the hr woman showed us where we'd be working inside the store. We all got hired on the spot and my first day is tomorrow !

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Richmond, CA).

Interview

The process was very brief. They asked very general questions. There was a group of approximately 5 candidates and two employees supervising the process. They went around asking the employees to give us a brief rundown of our history then put forward questions and asked certain people to answer them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Buffalo, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was called about a week later. I came in for a group interview and there was five of us. We then did a team exercise where we had to take turns instructing the group on how to build this block structure. We only had 10 seconds to look at the picture of the blocks and then 60 seconds to tell the group how to move the blocks. It was supposed to show them how we worked as a team. They then took us back one by one to ask us questions about our application.

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Noblesville, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. After a week I got a phone call inviting me for an interview. The interview was a group one, we were three applicants. The interview was easy and simple and then they interviewed us separately which was easy and fast just asked me to tell her about my self.. I was offered a position and pay on the spot and I was told they will contact me after my background check comes back. It's been almost two weeks now and didn't hear from them. Very disappointed

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went to check in the very next day. Got told that I would be contacted for an interview.

The interview at my store was interesting. Two managers had us do a group interview which consisted of building a picture using blocks and working together. Very nice and fairly easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Nashua, NH).

Interview

I submitted my resume through Indeed and was contacted by the assistant manager. She asked me to submit an application online and once it was received, she would be contacting me again to set up an interview. I filled out the application , submitting the same information that was on my resume and didn't hear back. I e-mailed the person again to confirm that I had submitted the application and didn't get a response.

Why would a company contact an applicant to schedule an interview if they truly aren't interested?

Anonymous Employee in Searcy, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Searcy, AR).

Interview

I applied online, a few days later they called me for an interview. I met with the store manager and he asked me basic interview questions and told me a little bit of the history of the store.