J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

1.9

421 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and went to check in the very next day. Got told that I would be contacted for an interview.

The interview at my store was interesting. Two managers had us do a group interview which consisted of building a picture using blocks and working together. Very nice and fairly easy

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Nashua, NH).

Interview

I submitted my resume through Indeed and was contacted by the assistant manager. She asked me to submit an application online and once it was received, she would be contacting me again to set up an interview. I filled out the application , submitting the same information that was on my resume and didn't hear back. I e-mailed the person again to confirm that I had submitted the application and didn't get a response.

Why would a company contact an applicant to schedule an interview if they truly aren't interested?

Anonymous Employee in Searcy, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Searcy, AR).

Interview

I applied online, a few days later they called me for an interview. I met with the store manager and he asked me basic interview questions and told me a little bit of the history of the store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sturgis, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Sturgis, MS).

Interview

The application process was on a computer in the J. C. Penney store office. After you completed the application you would receive an email letting you know the outcome. Then you went from there.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2017.

Interview

The interview went well. It was a group interview and there were 11 of us. They asked us to tell our name, job history, why jcp, and interesting fact about ourselves. Then they divided us into 2 groups for a team building exercise called the "Next big thing". It was fun but I would appreciate it if they at least let me know if I didn't get a job or not. The lady said she would email all of us at 5pm the next day but I didn't get any email. I emailed and asked her to confirm if I didn't but she never replied. Very disappointed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Ask how would you be a good fit for this job? A sit and talk ask education background.it was very short and to the point. Also told me how much the oak was right then and their

Interview Questions

• How to handle irrate customers   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Submitted application online. Received telephone call for interview appointment. Very casual one-on-one interview. After the interview I received a telephone call the next day offering me the position for which I applied. I did negotiate salary at this point. They were offering minimum wage, which i did not accept. However, they were flexible and we came to an acceptable number.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer didn't ask any questions out of the ordinary. Simple job-related questions. It was fast and simple.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Very simple. Phone interview first then one on one with the hiring manager. Explained job, pay, offers position right on the spot. Asks a few situational questions and how you would handle them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lancaster, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was asked a few questions over the phone the next day. Questions which the person on the other end of the phone call should have known if he had read my application and or my resume. Went in for interview the next day and expected the usual one on one interview with the hiring manager and instead it was a "group interview" if you can call it that. One person didnt show so there was 2 of us. Employee asked us to build this tower made of wood blocks which is not relevant at all to the actual job I applied for. You have to look at this spinning image on a tablet for 10 seconds and be expected to remember it and know how to build it. This is not fair in any way. Is designed to make people look stupid and i failed it badly and that was the end of that. I had to leave. End of "interview".

Interview Questions

• They asked me nothing. They made us build a tower which was not relevant to the job in any way.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about a week or two later I got called for an interview, interview was nice and smooth. Manager had a good vibe and so did the assistant manager. Questions where reasonable since I had no previews experience.