J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Jackson, TN).

Interview

we did a mass interview, just had to define customer service. The people that spoke were the ones that got the second interview. I guess they were looking for the out spoken people, not the quiet ones.

Interview Questions

• name a time you provided customer service   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

I got a call from a jcpenny employee asking me to go down there for an interview. It turned out to be a group interview, it was a positive experience although it was my first job interview ever but the woman was so nice and encouraging I was definitely still nervous but I tried not to show it and she made me feel comfortable although it was with another 9 people in the room

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Downey, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call no more than three days later for a group interview. Once there they split us in to two groups and had a member of each go up and look at a photo and instruct the others on how to build it using blocks. Everyone took a turn. It was actually really fun. Three days later I got a call for a second interview for 11am, along with 30 other people. I did not leave until 2pm.. I never got to take the interview. After 3 hours of waiting I decided to leave.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flower Mound, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Flower Mound, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. There were 7 of us and 2 managers. they had us go around the room to introduce ourselves, and talk about our previous work experience. Then we did two group exercises. One was a team building exercise and the other we had ten minutes to come up with a pitch for different departments of the store that they selected for each of us. Was kind of difficult and unexpected. The interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your name and talk about your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Fresno, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very fun! Team building activities including a block game with group! Surely a great experience. Got an offer at the end of interview. They are very kind and understanding. I have no experience at all, and I am grateful that I got this offer.

Interview Questions

• Why am I making you do these team building activities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Sacramento, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, there were about 6 of us. They told us there www a group of 8 before us. They called me the same day to offer me a job in the children's department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it! They care about their employees and customers!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in July 2016.

Interview

Applied and got a call for an interview 3 weeks after applying. I was interviewed with 9 other people. It was nice, we did 3 exercises. Everyone received a different paper with 2 different things and we had 10 minutes to come up with ideas for one of the choices and why it would be benefiting for JCP. 2nd exercise was basically the same thing, but in groups, we had to decide from the groups choices and explain why that choice was the best, and the last exercise was just organizing a clothing rack in the store.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any thing coming up in the next couple weeks or months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview for J.C. Penney was unlike most interviews that I've had for clothing stores. It was a very interactive group interview. We went over different scenarios that could occur when interacting with customers. I'm sure they wanted to who could sell the best and most efficiently. We were also led on a tour of the store. It was a very easy interview process. The hiring manager also let us know on the spot whether we had the job or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this certain item?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate. I accepted the part time pay they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lake Charles, LA).

Interview

I didn't really speak much the job was kind of thrown to me they were so desperate for people but it took me two weeks to actually start. I did kind wanted to be like hey I did this and this when I worked here but I barely got two words in. I just say there and nodded when they asked did I have any questions.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me anything just told me what the job was.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2016.

Interview

It was a large group interview with about 20 people. We did acting scenarios and played a block building game. Interviewers were super nice, honest, and down to earth. Most of us were hired on the spot. Orientation was a couple days later.