J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

1.9

424 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Palmdale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online a week later got called for an interview within 2 days. 2 women conducted the interview ver nice, make you feel comfortable. Group interview with 3 other people. Was suppose to be 4. Made us go around and introduce ourselves and say 2 fun facts about ourselves, ice breaker. Asked us basic interview questions. Did an activity where they made us choose a paper that had ideas on it (regarding jcp) and we had to choose one and pitch it and how it would benefit jcp. Told us we would hear from them within the afternoon. Got a callback and accepted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Denton, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a group interview where 5 of us had to do a team building exercise. There were no individual interviews. For the team building exercise, we had to look at a picture of a structure for 15 seconds each and then instruct the team on how to build it.

Interview Questions

• What could you have done better during the team building exercise?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

You are put in a group and are given a paper with new implementations and have to go up and present which is the best in creating more sales. They are looking for confident people who can voice their opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Hampton, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had only one interview. It was a group interview with me and 2 other people. They asked a few questions but they really want to get to know your work style and how well you would work with your coworkers. We did 2 activities that both forced us to have to work with the other people in the interview as both a leader and follower.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Relatively easy group interview. Went in and basically asked if it was OK to steal from the register, which is an obvious no. Mostly easy questions that alost anyone would know.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

It was an all day interview, but the good thing is they let you know the same day. It was a group interview, went around the room, asked basic interview questions, very easy and then we just waited until they let us know

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Merritt Island, FL).

Interview

There were building blocks and a few moments to try to study a picture and try to recreate as a team. I find it offensive that I did not receive a job offer, because the few times I visit the store, the service is pitiful. I'm such a better, harder worker, so I guess it's for the best. I never liked games, so the blocks did not work for me.

Interview Questions

• After the building blocks ridiculousness, the one-on-one was obviously a courtesy and there were no difficult questions, just a feeling that he couldn't get me out of there quick enough. I don't fit in and now I am very glad I do not.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and called the manager next day. He said he would call me back when he got to my name, and he did call back a couple days letter to schedule an interview. The interview was a group interview consisting of different games. We were then interviewed individually, and that's where we were told if we were hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Jacksonville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of January and got a call the 2nd of March. She asked me to come in the next day. It was 1 on 1. She asked me about previous experience and told me about the company and openings. I was offered a job on the spot and told that they would be in contact with me after the background check came back to set up orientation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in March 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview. We did an exercise to kinda bond a little and then were asked the real interview questions. After that we talked to the general manager and she hired all 7 of us! Everyone was really nice!!