J. C. Penney Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

1.9

416 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

friendly, fast, east, good, they wanted people as seasonal position, computer based, easy to understand. i was able to start working from the very next day. only one person in the interview board

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

They just try to fill spots with if they're in need they'll take anybody and everybody who interviews basically they really don't care about your experience they just want to push you in but once your hired in with no real training they pick on every single thing you do and make excuse for why they couldn't train but hey made when you don't know the ins and outs within your first two weeks

Interview Questions

• Have you ever pushed credit because that's all they care about is getting people to open credit cards   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was fairly easy, I was called in for an interview and the process was very fast. I was able to have a one on one interview and also a personality test that was part of my online application.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to learn from the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

Walked into the store a week after applying and handed the store manager my resume. She invited me to sit down and asked a few questions (one of them being "pitch the stapler as if I were a customer", so I had to sell her the stapler!)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, which obviously upset me a little. The woman who interviewed me apologized and said she had to help a customer, which was okay. She was very nice and didn't make me feel nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at JCPenney?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Applied online, got called a week later for an interview on the same day. Had an interview with manager, told me about the position, salary and expectation. The interview was super easy, asked me one question. Got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

They reached out to me in an email 3 days after I put in my application and then called me to confirm what they said I bathe email, then they asked me to go to an interview and there was a big group of us like 10-15 people sitting at a table and I kid you not we waited for more than the actual interview was. We waited for like 30 minutes and they asked us all in front of everyone why did you choose JCPenney and what our availability was and to wait on the results of our background check and that was the end of that interview. After the interview the next day I got an email saying I got the job and within the email as well contained times they wanted me to go in for the orientation and times for me to go in and register with the company. The registration and orientation happened within a weeks span and the day after my orientation was my first day on the job and two months after I started as seasonal I kept on as a permanent associate :)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2016.

Interview

I applied at midnight on Friday and at 2pm that same day, I got a call. We talked briefly. She asked my age, my availability and why I was looking for a second job. She told me that I could come in later that night for an interview or early the next morning. I decided to come the next morning. I arrived 20 minutes early, but looked around for a little bit before going up and asking where I go to take the interview. The ladies at the cash register called up the woman who called me, and another girl showed up. She walked us back and asked us questions about what we were doing for Thanksgiving. When we sat inside she asked us a few small questions, but mostly talked about the job. She genuinly wanted to get to know us and our expirence. After about 5 minutes, she told me to go wait outside while she finished the interview with the other girl. I sat in their breakroom and waited for probably 7-8 minutes. She called me back and offered me the job. She explained that I would be working the register, and that the HR department will call me back after my background check went through.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me a Little something about yourself   Answer Question
    • Name one retail experience at another store that you enjoyed. Explain what made it enjoyable.   Answer Question
    • Availability. She asked about my school/how many hours I wanted to work   Answer Question
    • Are you able to work Thanksgiving?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

Filled my application one night. The next day I received a phone call to come in for a group interview the following day! Interview was based on team building and working together.

Anonymous Employee in Hiram, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Hiram, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. Phone interview and two face to face interviews, where the first was a group interview which was pretty fun. Basic stuff they just want to see you communicate with people. The second was with a manger to review details of the resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult situation   Answer Question