J. C. Penney Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Sales Manager Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2014.

Interview

Interview with recruiter, store manager and district manager. Process took less than 2 weeks. Overall very efficient and quick process. Average difficulty and was very conversational, not so formal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Mayaguez, PR) in March 2014.

Interview

You interview with the recruiter for the region over the phone or skype. After she deems you good enough, then HR for district and then you speak with the DM and finally store manager.

Interview Questions

• What were your biggest successes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Eatontown, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

First you will have an initial phone interview. Next you will interview with a store leader in the store they are thinking of placing you. Lastly, you will interview with the district leader, which could be quite a bit of distance from your potential store location, but worth it if you get that far into the process.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a store manager in the next two years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lakewood, CA).

Interview

I had 4 interviews before I was hired. Only one of them was a face to face interview. it took almost a month.

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Corpus Christi, TX).

Interview

The whole process from start to finish was easy. The only concerned I had with the hiring process is how they questioned me about my degrees. Fortunately, I explained it to them as best possible and it worked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able negotiate a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Denver, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview was a detailed Behavioral based interview that focused on 9 key job competencies. Which were Drive for results, Influencing, Adaptive Performance, Customer Focus, Organizing, Leading Diversity, Leading People, Communication and problem solving. The initial part of the interview was designed to create a relaxing atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Upward Communication will be critical to the success of this position. What type of people do you find it most difficult to have productive communication with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Matteson, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

interview with store manager
    then second interview with district manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

corporate made all salary decisions

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in June 2009.

Interview

1 phone screen, interview with Store Manager and offer

Interview Questions

• SAR questions what is your weakness and how do you improve daily give an example   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set rates based on experience

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2011.

Interview

the three phone interviews i had were grueling! the interviews consisted of telling about specific situations, actions, results for various aspects of the retail business world. Each of these three interviews tool approximately one hour each. there was about a week between each phone interview before I was scheduled for a face to face interview. only to wait about a month before i was sent a generic email thanking me for my interest, but i was no longer being considered for this position.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a negative employee and how you turned them around   1 Answer