J. C. Penney Sales Manager Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Sales Manager Trainee Interview Questions

2.9

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in January 2016.

Interview

Was over the phone and lasted 20 munutes. Asked about job and education background. Also asked about work ethic and was very short. Asked questions about communication and decribe what type of leader you are. Set up in-store interview afterwards. Was informed that relocation may occur in the future.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to communicate undesirable information?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

Standard Interviews and questions.
    Call and interview from recruiter, selection of preferable store location, phone interview from district manager, and in person interview with store manager. Started to apply for the intern position and then stayed on for 1 year to finish college and move into the trainee position

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Gaithersburg, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

You will be required to take one phone interview, one in person interwove and maybe one with district manager. Phone interview is 25 mins, in person is one hour and one hour with the DM. Just be your self and be confident in your answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you can give an offer and they will negotiate with it, experience can get you more money

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Sacramento, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process was lengthy. It was a three pronged approach across various levels of the organization.First was a pre-screening interview after being nominated by my store leader. There was an interview with a store manager within the district as well as a final interview with the district manager. The whole process took about three months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview took a few weeks total. I was first given a phone interview where they asked basic personality questions such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" and "What kind of retail experiences you have". Questions such as what is sales margin, and retail formulas were asked. Then they flew me out to their corpoate offices in Dallas and we went through a panel, and then more interviews and questions.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer with their competitors

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tucson, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

You will first either apply online or submit your resume to a manager at a career fair. You will first be contacted by a recruiter from the home office, and he will conduct the preliminary interview. Then, you will be set up with a one-on-one interview within a store with a store manager. After this second interview, you will find out within a few weeks if you got the job or not. You give them your top three location preferences, and they are never honored. You will likely get placed somewhere you do not want to be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go against company policy in order to please a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set salary. If you are thinking about accepting an offer, really weigh the options with the other, likely better companies you are interviewing with. JCPenney is definitely on the low-end of the payscale for recent college graduates. If you are going for an in-store job, be aware that there is very little opportunity for promotion after you become a department manager. My store manager had been with the company almost 25 years, and had only received the one promotion from department manager to store manager. The district manager had been with the company over 40 years, which is the next step up. And the pay differences are nothing special.

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in November 2011.

Interview

the interview process is conducted over the phone by a recruiter. The recruiter ask a few personal questions and about your accomplishments, and then asks behavioral based questions. Make sure you know how to answer the behavioral/ STAR method of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to change your communication style to fit and audience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had multiple tasks to accomplish?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in August 2008.

Interview

The interview was a five day process, from the time I was first contacted till I was offered the position. Much of the interview focused on personality and how I would handle situations with customers. The interview was about hour long, the second half of the interview was the perks of the position, such as hours, every three weeks a 3 day weekend, vacation time and how they handle promotions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and pending vacation time. My former position I had 4 weeks vacation and was told they would match it, after working for 3 month they told me that they could not match it and I would not be eligible for any vacation time until I was made a permanent sales manager