J. C. Penney Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX

Updated Feb 7, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Took a week I called like two times , hiring manager called back and set up an interview hired me on the spot. He asked me to tell me about myself what department I'd want to work in what I'm going to school for.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was a "talent test" with three other applicants participating in team building, promotional selling and sales floor interactions. It was a good experience going through this process as it seems to be a growing trend for retail screening. Interviewer was friendly, honest and forthcoming as to expectations of the job. Room for growth within the district was appealing.

Casuals Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

2 parts. 1st- resume reviews and q&a. 2nd- floor tasks (organize garments, put versatile outfit together, etc). Within a week, hiring manager will call to continue training on register, counting $, tour the store in it's entirety. Once the tour is done, you meet GM, and all the managers and warehouse manager.

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (New Braunfels, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Not many questions at all. It seemed she knew she was hiring me before I showed up. It was a simple one on one inside of her office. She got right to the point and did not stray. There were maybe 5 questions that she asked before asking my availability and offering me a job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was really easy going and great interaction with other canadiates . Creative stress free interviewing process. So far a great place to work for the holiday season.

Salles Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy. Management was very nice and greeted me. Took sometime to find a manager. No front office secretary. After being hired takes sometime to get started. Took two weeks to get a schedule. Had to wait for the back round check.

Interview Questions

• Giving one situation that there was a difficult customer how did you resolve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I tried applying online, but that didn't work because an error happens somewhere along the line. It was like Obamacare - impossible. So I had to actually go to the store and apply at the kiosk there. It took three days before they called me back to schedule an interview that would then happen a week later. In the interview, the hiring manager asked me to tell her about myself, what my greatest strength and weakness are, why I thought I'd be a good fit at the company, where I see myself in ten years, and a few more basic hiring questions that I can't remember. At the end, I was then told that there would be a second interview, and this happened about a week later. This manager basically asked me the same kind of questions, but this manager asked me why he should hire me specifically, and not any of the other applicants. What set me apart from the rest of the sheep? I winged it, but somehow I still got the "welcome to JCP" handshake. I then started working immediately that same day.

Interview Questions

• What was the toughest decision you've ever had to make?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, but since I had no previous experience, they said they would start me off at minimum wage, and give me tiny raises as I showed improvement.

Fine Jewelry Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for a Lead Expert position (department manager - I'm college educated) and was offered a holiday sales associate position after phone and in-store interviews (although the latter was merely to tell me I had the job). Really nothing to it.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really many questions and none were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online one thursday evening. I got a call the next day, asking to come in on Saturday for a 6:30pm interview and i accepted. I went to the interview and we talked for approximently 10 minutes, about schedules, what i would be doing, if i can handle it, ect. she asked questions mostly about situations and to talk about myself and why i should get the job. I then left on a happy note, but waited over a week, and still no callback. So i began to loose faith, but then one sunday afternoon, out of the blue almost (by then i had given up on JCpennys) , I received a call. The call, telling me if i can come in that monday morning for the beginning of training, it was amazing!

Interview Questions

• A customer throws all the clothes off a counter, then proceeds to sit upon that counter. Its the end of a long work day, you are tired and want to get home. what do you do?   1 Answer
    • What would your best friend say about you if i called him right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

7.25 no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Completed online application at the kiosk in the store. Got a call later that week for the first interview. Then I got another interview the next week. Filled out some tax forms, and boom, I was hired. Began training, got paid for it, and that same day, jumped right onto the floor.