J. C. Penney Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

2.6

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First step was a phone interview where they asked a few general questions. Once you passed that there was a group interview. It took about a week to find out if I was hired.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about a month later I got a phone call. It was a group interview, very casual, they just want to see that you are confident and good with people.You have to sell a product/idea to JcPenny that would increase sells, such as a bar, fashion show etc. Right away after that they tell you weather they got the job or not, in another room.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, it took 2 weeks to for them to give me an over-the-phone interview then was called in for a group interview a week later.
    The group interview was easy and took 2 hours total, the first hour we were shown a picture of a structure we were supposed to build out of blocks they provided for us, I suppose this was to showcase our teamwork and communication skills. The next hour, we were all given different sheets of paper with four different business propositions on each paper, were to select one idea from our sheets and pitch our ideas to the rest of the group.
    The day after I was called and was told I got the job and that the final step was the background check... that took 3 weeks...

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the opportunity atJC Penney ?   1 Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I did an online application. It took a few weeks for them to give me a call. The person on the phone told me is was going to be a group interview. When I got there, there was 7 of us at the interview. We split up into two groups since we had 2 activities to do for the interview. From the moment I got there the hiring manager made us feel welcomed. He was funny and he cut away the tension of having an interview. He told us to relax and just go with the flow. We introduced ourselves. The first activity for me was they gave us a paper with a few different ideas, we had to chose one idea and pitch to the rest of the group members why our idea was the best. After all the group members made their pitch we had to chose the best idea out of all the group members. The second activity there were a bunch of different colored blocks. The guy holding the interviews had a picture of a model. Each group member had a few seconds to look at the model and then had to go back to the group and tell them what to do.

Overall it was a really fun experience. I've never been a job interview like that and more companies should adopt the method. I like it because the mood was really relaxed. With this type of interview style your personality was really able to show through.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. You were able to be yourself. You didn't have to memorize the "right" things to say.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It started with a phone call after submitting an electronic application. During the phone call there was a brief question and answer for a few minutes. Afterwards this led to scheduling a face to face interview that took place the very next day. The actual interview was laid back, in a neutral setting and in non intimidating atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How did you here about the job?   1 Answer