J. C. Penney Senior Assistant Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Senior Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at J. C. Penney

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I met with four individuals for the buying team and HR. It went really well. The people I interviewed conducted themselves professionally and were very nice. I am looking forward to working at JCP.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging part of your previous ? Why do you want to come to work for JCP? What did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very professional and informative. I asked what the expections are for the position. Management style and area of responsibilities.
    HR was helpful and kept me informed on the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on Linked In by a HR contractor, we spoke on the phone and I was told she would follow up with next steps in a week. One week later she called to inform me budgets were under review and I wohld hear from here in another week. Well, a month later I was contacted by HR again for another phone interview. The contractor was no longer with the company but she left notes to move forward with me. Basic phone interview asking my background and behavioral questions. next steps were to host a Skype interview. It took another week to two weeks for the Skype call, I met with the buyers and the next day a HR busines partner called me. She told me she would be in touch. I was then brought to their Plano campus for a two hour interview with the VP GMM, buyer, and another HR business partner. Same behavioral questions were asked and the buyer I would be working for askd me personal questions more in depth, as we spoke on the Skype call Previously. I was told by hr i would hear something the next week. Three weeks later and one follow up email it's safe to assume I was not a viable candidate. I am fine it I wasn't a right fit for that pariticlar buyer but I have more than enough experience for the role and have worked at an Associate level before. It's just extremely unprofessional to not follow up or send a generic email declinging my candidancy if that's the case. Overall, they have been slow to respond and everyone in the organization moves at a glacial place but at this point, I have no other choice but to move on due to the lack of response from their team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a difficult personality?   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

I had an excellent experience with the interview process. I spoke with 4 buyers a VP as well as an HR Representative. The recruiting team was so helpful and was very responsive through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had s conflict with a colleague and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

HR lady was very easy to get a hold of and was able to give feedback very fast. Interviews were 30 mins each. The questions asked were not too difficult, pretty easy to think of responses on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Plano, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was done in 3 segments; department manager, immediate manager and personnel. This gave the interviewee an opportunity to discuss a high level view of the position, ask job specific questions with the immediate manager and discuss personnel questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a high level view of the JCPenney store from a customer perspective.   1 Answer