J. C. Penney Supply Chain Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Supply Chain Trainee Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

First part of the interview was with an individual who started as a supply chain trainee, was given the opportunity to get more information about the program.

Second part was with an HR person who asked a series of behavioral questions, no surprises. Then talked more in-depth about the program, responsibilities, career patch and such.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a situation where you faced a deadline and had to decide how best to handle not being able to finish a task in time.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Supply Chain Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in February 2012.

Interview

I applied on my school's job search site and was contacted a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a few behavioral questions and a description of the position. At the end of the interview I was told that I should take a few assessments online and that after those were completed I would be scheduled for an onsite interview.

About 2 weeks later I had the onsite interview at one of their DC's. This interview consisted of 2 one on one behavioral interviews and a tour of the DC. The first one was with an HR person and the second was with a manager of the DC. The whole process lasted about 2 hours. A few days later I was contacted saying they got good feedback from the 2 interviewers at the DC and I scheduled one final phone interview.

This final phone interview was short and consisted of a few more behavioral interviews. The interviewer explained the position some more and at the end of the interview said I did well in the interview.

A week later I was contacted and told that I did not get an offer. They stated that I did very well in my interviews and I would have gotten an offer but that they had filled up all the positions. This seemed very unprofessional to me because I hadn't even been told that this was a possibility. The entire process went smoothly but in the end was fairly long. It ended up being a waste of my time and I was very disappointed by the way the end of the process went. They stated that if someone dropped out of the program that I would be contacted but up to this point I have not heard anything yet.

Supply Chain Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2011.

Interview

We started out with a brief introductory interview where we just went over my resume a little and then talked about the job and what would happen next, and then set up a date for the next phone interview that would be behavioral based. The interview got pushed back a few times, so that may have been a bad sign, but when it finally happened I know that I didn't do as well as I could have.... it was a lot of behavioral questions about team work, working with people older than yourself, facing challenges...just basic stuff. I got a reply the next week that I didn't make it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a problem, and how you solved it.   Answer Question