J. C. Penney Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Support Specialist Interview Questions

2.1

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in December 2015.

Interview

They called me about a week after I applied. I missed the call but she left a voicemail to call her and schedule a time for the interview. I called back and arranged a time to come in. I went in and met with the lady and talked to her one on one. They were pretty simple questions that could be answered on the spot. We talked about availability and work hours. A good majority of questions were questions like "Name a time...". Like "Name a time you exceeded someone's expectations", "Name a time a customer was upset and what you did to calm them down". Those were pretty easy and I could come up with a good response almost instantly. There were a few questions were I couldn't think of anything so I made something up on the spot, but for the most part I gave an honest answer.

Interview Questions

• Availability, Job Hours/Requirements, "Name a time you..".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Humacao, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Humacao, PR) in December 2015.

Interview

It was one on one with the HR manager. Basic retail knowledge questions were asked. They also asked about availability and discussed hours being during evenings and over nights

Interview Questions

• They asked about my retail experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Alexandria, LA) in November 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was called the next day. I was interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager while the Human Resources lady sat in. After a few questions, it seemed like it was going well. I was then interviewed by the store manager while the assistant store manager sat in and took notes. The whole interview took about 45 minutes and I left with an offer that I accepted. I would suggest learning a bit about the company, because they do ask you questions about it. If you go in knowing that and what JCP's goals are, you'll definitely get an offer. Just know what you're talking about and be confident. Let them know what you can and can't work up front.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on the in store computer. Got a call two days later for an interview it was going to be my first interview ever, I arrived early dressed very professional but as soon as the woman saw me she said I wouldn't be a good fit. Still not sure if it was because of my age, gender, height, or weight. She talked to me briefly in which she admitted she isn't normally the person who does the hiring and she is the shipping supervisor. She said all the applicants say no thanks when she says its mainly unloading semis. She proceeded to be shocked that I had no retail experience despite it saying that on the sheet with my information that she used to call me and was sitting next to her on the desk. The position is still open 5 months later.

Interview Questions

• This mainly involves unloading semis you wouldn't be a good fit for that   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Springfield, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Got a call for a group interview with 6 others. Told about ourselves and played a block game where you had to coach others on how to build something out of blocks without using your hands to describe. Did a group skit on good and bad customer service. Wrote down availability and went home. Process took about 2hours.

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney.

Interview

It took 2 weeks for the hiring process.. I applied online, got a call like a week later for an interview. Supervisor was nice and made the interview easier and relaxed, I got the job in the spot. After the interview I waited another week to start working.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past work experiences, the typical 'describe yourself' question and why JC Penney.   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney in April 2015.

Interview

Got the call from the HR Supervisor to set an interview in 2 days. Got in the store and saw other people waiting on an uncomfortable couch for their name to be called. Got called in approximately 20 minutes later and was interviewed by the person I spoke with on the phone along with another person who was writing down all of the answers I gave. It was pretty quick as I was expecting it to be longer. The interviewer didn't even ask me if I had any questions about the job. When the interview was over, she told me that I would get a response the next day to see if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• So tell me about yourself.
      Why J.C. Penney?
      What does support specialist mean to you?
      Name one strength and weakness.
      Would you be willing to work at another position?
      How would you describe great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hill, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Cedar Hill, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and weeks went by, I would say about 2 weeks and I got a call to set up a group interview the next day. I arrived at the interview and we did a block exercise to see how we did with working with a group. I got a called a week later saying my background came back clean and I go in tomorrow to sign paperwork

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Del Rio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The entire process took about a month, until i finally got a call for an interview. There were 5 people in the room. Two workers interviewing and 3 people in total getting interviewed including myself. They asked us to introduce ourselves and then they started talking about the job. I knew i wasn't going to get the job as soon as she said the work was in the morning because i was not available in the mornings. The entire interview they just asked one question. The rest was them talking about the job responsibilities.

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Lumberton, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview with a group activity & innovative questions. You have to be knowledgeable about the industry and sound enthusiastic without being fake. You also have to demonstrate how you'll work as a team to be considered for this position otherwise you won't be considered.

Interview Questions

• Read a list of innovative ideas and choose one that suits JCPenney   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told not to negotiate but I stated that I worked for JCP before and I had a raise while working with them. I also stated that I made .25 more since working in retail. I was granted the wage I was "worth". The background check took about 5 days but I called them to speed things up.