J. C. Penney Window Covering Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. C. Penney Window Covering Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Group setting, few questions, second interview with store manager who spoke with me for three minutes. Easiest interview ever. Mostly received company history/store information. Once hired many videos were watched. Hiring manager was unaware of how to fill out my I-9.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation....position is commissioned.

Other Interview Reviews for J. C. Penney

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Tucson, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

It is a group interview but not really like an interview. It's very informal. They have you do tasks designed to reveal your creativity and ability to work as a team player. One task is a game with blocks where you work with others to build a structure according to a picture everyone gets to see once and must remember. Then each takes turns putting a block on the pile to build the structures according to each person's memory of it. Another task, each person is given a scenario of some sort and must sell it. Not a bad experience.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Buford, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview then had an interview with store manager as well as store assistant manager. I was then asked to come into the store for training. I was in training on the computer for 2-3 weeks. You watch videos and answer questions in regard to what you learned.

Interview Questions

• How was my previous experience related to working at this store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

it was very a very good experience. i interviewed with the department manager first and then with the store manager. both were very proffesional and nice. customer service was very important throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work for this company and not one of our competitors, (macys etc)?   Answer Question
    • what qualities do you aqcuire that would make you fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none salary is min wage for commisioned associates, and commision as well.

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. C. Penney (Benton Harbor, MI) in November 2009.

Interview

I received a call within 3 days of putting in my application. The manager that interviewed me was very laid back and the interview was like we had known each other for years. Made me feel comfortable. I was asked about my experience and discussed different situations that arrise in the retail industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The conversation was so relaxed as I was leaving I asked when I would know when he makes up his decision and he looks at me and says that he already made his decision and that I am hired.