KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

J. Crew Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 848 interviews

In Person19%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

J. Crew

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew

Interview

I applied online. I then had phone screening with a store manager in the district (the store I was interviewing for did not have a store manager at the time). I had another in person interview with that same store manager. Then I had an interview with the store manager/district manager in person

Interview Questions
  • What makes you a good fit for this role?
    1 Answer

J. Crew

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew

Interview

Very relaxed but engaging lots of questions. A mixture of your personal goals and store goals. Where do you see yourself with the company? Different types of scenario questions to see how you would respond to the situation

Interview Questions
  • Questions about previous management role or leadership experience

J. Crew

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in Jan 2020

Interview

The interview process consisted of normal interview questions such as strength and weaknesses. Brand knowledge and also leadership questions. It was fairly straight forward process. I personally prepared a head of time and it went smoothly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

J. Crew

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew in Nov 2019

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter, then I went in for an in person interview with the store manager. Lastly, I spoke with the district manager on the phone. The interview went smoothly, it was very laid-back and casual.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Springfield, VA)

Interview

easy met with store director. had a 40 minute interview very easy to handle. Was notified of offer relatively fast . new the store manager so the interview pretty easy for me. don't over ask on your pay but just make it a competitive rate

Interview Questions
  • name a situation where you had to figure out how or what policies from the company you had to use
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in Aug 2018

Interview

I interviewed in person with the store director. She asked a lot of textbook questions like “how do you feel about having people reporting to you?”. Very positive experience, and I really enjoyed speaking to her. I then interviewed via phone with the district manager. She told me that I would be receiving a call within the next few days from HR, and that I would have an answer by Friday (she called me Monday). Friday came, and I had heard absolutely nothing. Two weeks after our call, I got an email stating they were not going to offer me the position. I am totally fine not being offered a job, but at least have the common decency to call me in a timely manner, especially after two interviews. I told them to remove my name from their database. This company is unbelievably unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Baltimore, MD) in Jul 2018

Interview

I was called for an interview at the store and met with the hiring manager. She was friendly and personable and I think I talked too much. I may have been too comfortable and now feel I didn’t keep my answers short and to the point.

Interview Questions
  • Where are your favorite places to shop and why?
  • Why do you want to work at Madewell?
  • How would you handle having to address an issue and have a training moment with an employee who has been here longer than you and may feel they have seniority?

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Lexington, KY) in May 2018

Interview

The interview began with a brief introduction of including titles/positions, personal info (short and sweet), and general knowledge of company history/background. They ask you to briefly expand about your work history, yourself, and then what you know about the company

Interview Questions
  • In three different ways, how would you say that you are capable of managing a team environment?
  • How would you deal with an unruly or aggressive customer?

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Boston, MA) in Apr 2018

Interview

Applied online and was offered an in-store interview. I meant with the store director and one of the assistant managers then had a phone interview with the district manager. A couple of days later the store director called and offered me the position. The whole process took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • What type of manager are you? (what things are important to you as a manager)

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Baltimore, MD) in Apr 2017

Interview

Applied online and was called about a week later. Total process took less than three weeks. The Store Director and Market Director were very friendly and knowledgeable. You could really tell they love their jobs. Gave me the pay I asked for and I gladly accepted to join the team!

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews