J. Crew Client Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I had high hopes for this place but it was a complete waste of time and was very distasteful. I hope corporate stops by this San Antonio call center location. I won't ever be purchasing from j.crew ever again and will pass on the memo to everyone I know. This place should be shut down. Google it, you won't find any other good reviews. This is for the people who actually had to endure working here, I thankfully had the pleasure of walking in and never returning to this disgusting place.

Interview Questions

• easy elementary school questions, 2 tests on a computer, and hr who sucks   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Came in and was given a variety of tests about grammar and about typing skills. Watched a few videos about the company and their growth goals. Took mock calls on a headseat and filled out address & other personal information about the caller. Was tested on my speed and the amount of spelling errors.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a few questions about how I would upsell to a customer who purchased pants.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Was first tested on computer for order taking, that was very easy & passed that, then had face to face interview, The person interviewing me was very young, but told me they have been with the company 5+ years. They asked me questions about my previous jobs and then checked my answers with what I had posted on my resume. Some of the usual generic "interview questions" were asked - "tell me about a time you went above & beyond in customer service", "tell me about a time that you wish you had done something different & why", etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest to customer to go with these pants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process is pretty quick, first you take a test on the computer with 5 scenarios in where you are typing for 30 min. Then you have a face to face interview with someone from hr asking basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to appease a customer situation, and how did you do it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

Phone interview. And face to face interview. Hired next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview, which was pretty basic, asking questions about my availability and typical questions you would receive in the retail industry. I was told that my application would be reviewed and I would hear the status within 2-3 business days. The interview took place today so I will update as to whether I received a call.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was upset with never receiving their package?   Answer Question
    • How would you up sell products to customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Lynchburg, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Before receiving a face to face interview every employee must go through a phone interview which is basically a screening process. Once you pass the phone interview they ask you to come in for an in person interview. The interview is very informal and normally conducted with many other interviews going on at the same time. J.Crew has its "peak" seasons, like any retail store, and often does mass hiring drives. So the face-to-face interview is very brief and they ask you a few standard questions and then if you get the job they offer it to you the same day.

Interview Questions

• They ask every potential employee to give a sales pitch for a random item of clothing which doesn't have to be a great pitch, but they want to see if you even have potential to sell an item to a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They're is no wages negotiation, you basically sign a few forms and pick the hours you are able to work.