J. Crew Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Lynchburg, VA).

Interview

I was hired during the peak season. HR will typically conduct mass interviews and tell you within a day if you have been hired or not. It was a very simple interview, followed by a typing test and then shadowing a current employee for about 2 calls. Finally, I was given a piece of clothing (I think it was a cardigan) and was asked to assume that I was on a call with a customer, and I had to describe the cardigan. Overall, the interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions

• I was given a piece of clothing (I think it was a cardigan) and was asked to assume that I was on a call with a customer, and I had to describe the cardigan.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

You first get a phone interview, which is not too harsh but they do ask you to do a sales pitch. After being offered a second interview, business attire highly recommended. You first take a computer test then interview with one of the members of HR. Interview was normal questions.

Interview Questions

• If I knew the clothing options offered.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Three hour interview, met multiple people

Interview Questions

• Nothing, they seemed to just want to find out if I worked well with their team   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

They called me and asked me some questions. The one that stood out is when they asked me to pitch a credit card and allowed me to make up as many benefits as possible. Then they called me in for an in-store interview. I did a typing test. They wanted to make sure I could type coherently. They asked me to pitch a cashmere sweater and they wanted me to go into detail of the material and how versatile the sweater was and during what kind of occasions I could wear the sweater.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We took over an hour filling out paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Lynchburg, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter who asked a variety of questions, " Can you tell me about your problem solving skills" One on One interview with a recruiter or supervisor of sales dept., asking questions like, ""Can you tell me a time you had to address an angry or irrate customer", "What type of problems do you like tackling?", offer was made on the spot. Background check had to come back clear before I could start.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an angry or irrate customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew in July 2011.

Interview

My "interview" was scheduled for 12:30 they did not bother to tell me it was a job fair. I waited doing nothing up until 1:00 the first part was the typing assesment which is extremely simple the second part was a 1:1 to review application questions the final part was more based on seeing how well you understand was customer service really is.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the j crew style   Answer Question
    • They present you with an article of clothing and ask you to sell it to them   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question