J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.2

560 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in September 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The manager called me 2 days after I sent in my application and wanted to sit down in person to talk. I went in to speak with her, she asked me 3 questions, and told me that I had the job after 15 minutes of speaking to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is J-Crew's brand?
      What is great customer service?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. Crew (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Brief process; Sitting down the HR manager discussing past employment and any skills you think would help you selling product/ styling clients. Takes about 20 mins, and they are very friendly. They want responsible employees who show up on time, can connect with customers and the more open your schedule is the better!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond what was asked of you   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in August 2017.

Interview

The best interview I've ever had the store manager was so welcoming I was super nervous but fell totally in love with the position I forgot I was on an interview she was so sweet i was hired on the spot just waiting on the backround check can't wait to start!

Functional Systems Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Extensive and thorough, but understandably so. J.Crew is going through a transition period and the company is making sure to hire the right people for the roles to ensure near future success. There were about 4 rounds of phone calls before the face to face. The HR recruiter always made it point to keep me updated on what the next steps were, or what we were waiting for. J.Crew was great to accommodate my schedule and was able to set up multiple face to face meetings in one day, instead of me having to come in on multiple occasions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome a problem. Either a past job, or current.   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I had high hopes for this place but it was a complete waste of time and was very distasteful. I hope corporate stops by this San Antonio call center location. I won't ever be purchasing from j.crew ever again and will pass on the memo to everyone I know. This place should be shut down. Google it, you won't find any other good reviews. This is for the people who actually had to endure working here, I thankfully had the pleasure of walking in and never returning to this disgusting place.

Interview Questions

• easy elementary school questions, 2 tests on a computer, and hr who sucks   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Moved up from within the company- it was through good training and strong leadership that I was prepared for the role and have been successful at it. The senior leaders in my building saw my potential and embraced it from the very beginning. I look forward to the next step I take with the company- I never considered working for another retailer because of the pride I take in this brand and my work here.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I noticed a sign in store saying they were hiring so I applied online that day and received a phone call a few days later to come in for an in-person interview with one of the managers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Seasonal interviews are very quick. One interview. If you know anything about retail there shouldn't be a problem. Management will teach you the culture of the company. Customer service skills are really the key.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Hiring Manager asks you a couple of questions and asks when you would like to start if you are hired. They usually hire you on the spot if they liked you.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing customers look for?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called about a week later. Total process took less than three weeks. The Store Director and Market Director were very friendly and knowledgeable. You could really tell they love their jobs. Gave me the pay I asked for and I gladly accepted to join the team!