J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I noticed a sign in store saying they were hiring so I applied online that day and received a phone call a few days later to come in for an in-person interview with one of the managers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Seasonal interviews are very quick. One interview. If you know anything about retail there shouldn't be a problem. Management will teach you the culture of the company. Customer service skills are really the key.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew in January 2013.

Interview

This went very smoothly. I was contacted shortly after submitting my resume and was hired on the spot. I'm not sure that the process could go any smoother. My interview was knowledgeable and seemed interested.

Interview Questions

• What are my overall goals with the position?   1 Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly quick, relaxed, and straightforward interview. They had me come into the store in the afternoon and sit down on the in-store couch with a manager. I answered some basic questions about hypothetical sales scenarios, they got to know me a little bit, and that was it. They told me they would email me soon with the results of the interview. I received a very quick response from them in the form of a job offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply to J. Crew?   1 Answer
    • Where do you buy your clothes?   1 Answer
    • What type of questions would you ask a customer to assist them in finding an outfit?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

First they conductes a phone interview. Then later a group based interview. There was not much pressure as everyone in the group was fun and vibrant. They called about 2 weeks later to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer the company?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew (Wilmington, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted by key holder and store manager briefly introduced himself. Lasted about 30 minutes with no weird/creative questions. They hire in groups at the store I worked at. Usually hire 2-4 times per year.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

First, submit online application. Have brief phone interview. large group interview. once you get selected, they break up the large group and have a private interview with HR manager. Later, they contact you to have a sit-down interview with SD.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job and within a week I heard back from them. I was called and asked to come in for an interview before they opened. It was very casual and I felt comfortable interviewing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very personal and easy going. Asked about certain passions and goals and didn't feel like just a simple retail job interview. Overall, felt comfortable and helped the nerves. The store energy was very friendly and welcoming. The interview was on a couch in the store and the questions were based on how well you can sell yourself than to how well your resume and background really is.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

It's was simple, I went in person to ask if they were highering and then ended up getting in a conversation with the store manager and assistant manager. Then she gave me forms to fill out. And then there was another interview. After that I received the job and went through the process of more paperwork and learning and being trained.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer