J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and professional, allowing me to gather my thoughts as needed. This was a phone interview and her pleasant speaking voice and courtesy spoke well to the type of position for which I was applying.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite part of working as a call center client specialist?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever left a position without giving notice?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Very casual. About 15-20 minute conversation in the mall. You don't need any past experience, they more so care about how you would treat a customer or be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• What is one positive customer service experience you have had recently and would you have done anything differently?   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Came in and was given a variety of tests about grammar and about typing skills. Watched a few videos about the company and their growth goals. Took mock calls on a headseat and filled out address & other personal information about the caller. Was tested on my speed and the amount of spelling errors.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a few questions about how I would upsell to a customer who purchased pants.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled two weeks after filling out an application and attaching my resume' on the J. Crew talent website. I was contacted by phone and told that the interview would be a "group style interview". It went very smoothly, and The interviewer was very attentive and split the questions among the five of us.

Interview Questions

• What is your Personal Style?   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

interview with assistant manager then store director, both are less than 10 minutes and the interview process is very fast. i had my first interview, second interview, then orientation all in under a week. they get you in very quickly if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• typical retail questions (customer service, teamwork, dress code, lateness)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Got an email a few days later to call in and schedule an interview. I interviewed with two managers. They asked behavioral questions and why they should hire you questions. It was really easy. They offered me the job on the spot.

PT Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online & was called in for an interview a couple days later. During this time, i researched J Crew to learn more about the brand. The interview went well & the manager is very professional. She asked multiple questions, like "What kind of experience do you have?" "What is a challenge you have faced in your current position & how do you overcome it?" After the interview, she gave me her business card & i emailed her a thank you letter the following day. Two days after that she called me with the offer & i accepted right away. Then i received an email about the offer & submitted my information for a background check. After the background check is received back by them, they'll call you in for 3 training days.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you've had in your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. She offered the position & wage over the phone. I accepted the offer.

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Was first tested on computer for order taking, that was very easy & passed that, then had face to face interview, The person interviewing me was very young, but told me they have been with the company 5+ years. They asked me questions about my previous jobs and then checked my answers with what I had posted on my resume. Some of the usual generic "interview questions" were asked - "tell me about a time you went above & beyond in customer service", "tell me about a time that you wish you had done something different & why", etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest to customer to go with these pants?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiting Manager contacted me first. We had a phone interview that was very in depth and really challenged me. The next step was with the district manager and was much more laid back. It was about my career goals and aspirations and where I wanted to go with J Crew. Then they moved me on to the Store Director. Our conversation was more interview questions but with specifics to her Store.

Application

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call from the store manager a few days later asking if I was still interested. Scheduled an interview and went in dressed professionally. Lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any. She sent an offer over the career website the same night. Just accept or deny the rate they give.