J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Super brief face-to-face asked about experience and why J.Crew then asked to pick out three outfits for a given scenario, presented the outfits and asked why they were chosen, got the job on the spot

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy interview process, with two steps. You meet with quite a few people spanning from different departments. The interviews were very personal and casual. The first time i went in, i spent about 2hrs interviewing. HR manager was very great in prepping you for the interviews.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly quick, relaxed, and straightforward interview. They had me come into the store in the afternoon and sit down on the in-store couch with a manager. I answered some basic questions about hypothetical sales scenarios, they got to know me a little bit, and that was it. They told me they would email me soon with the results of the interview. I received a very quick response from them in the form of a job offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply to J. Crew?   1 Answer
    • Where do you buy your clothes?   1 Answer
    • What type of questions would you ask a customer to assist them in finding an outfit?   1 Answer

Associate Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was quite deceptive. Instead of being straightforward and honest about the position and the hiring process, their strategy was to give me positive feedback at every stage, leading me to be hopeful about the position and my chances of securing the job. In the end, I found out they'd posted the position without knowing if the budget would allow for a hire. They just wanted to get a nice applicant pool but didn't have any actual positions open.

I initially applied and completed a phone interview a few weeks later. I was then invited to come to the corporate office for an in-person interview where I interviewed with multiple people. The second interviewer perused my resume for the first time when she came in to interview me. She knew nothing of my experience until she walked into that room and it showed. She was uninterested and seemed annoyed that she had to take time out of her day for the interview. After the interviews, I received positive feedback from my initial HR contact and was told they'd contact me with a final decision within 2 weeks.

I of course completed the usual thank you emails after my interview. After not hearing back for 2 weeks, I reach out to my initial HR contact and received a response saying they were still considering my application. After another few weeks, I inquired about where they were in the interview process. Again, they told me they were still considering my application.

After noticing my application had officially been closed for the position, I reached out the my HR contact to get a clear understanding of what happened. That's when she informed me that they didn't have the budget for the position.

With such a well established brand, I expected much more from the HR department and their recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Why J.Crew? Why this position? What would you bring to the position?   Answer Question

Sale Support Associate (Part Time) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Burlington, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was informed by call to arrange an interview with a manager. The interview process was short and the manager seems nice to me. She only asked me two questions and then described what kinds of candidates she is looking for. I got the position right away. Now undergoing background check and some paperwork before start.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a part time Stylist position and was called in for an interview shortly after. It was a one on one interview with the manager, and then an additional short interview with the store director. I spent most of my time talking about my past retail experience and just my past work experience in general which seemed to be a big help since they seem to prefer people with prior experience. I applied for a "Stylist" position, but just be aware that "Stylist" is pretty much just a fancy word for Sales Associate. Overall, a pretty good experience and an easy, comfortable interview. Good starting pay, they offered me $10.25 an hour which is higher than most retail positions offer, especially in my area.

Interview Questions

• Why J Crew?
      Describe your past experience
      Where do you get style inspiration from?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The application was straightforward. The process took about two weeks. Interviewed in store with an individual in the HR department. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview questions were straightforward and what I would expect out of any interview. Overall the interview was a good experience.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. Crew (Salem, NH).

Interview

super easy, i was recruited - so make friends and you're in :)
    retail is either in your blood, or it's not.
    having an outgoing personality and a greta sense of style helps, but they definitely help with forming the latter.

Interview Questions

• this is how much money we offer, are you accepting the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY).

Interview

go to the store to fill out an application, in-person interview with the store manager. Manager told me I was hired right after the interview. Quite easy because the store seemed to be low on workers so maybe timing really helped me get the job.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I participated in a total of 2 in person interviews, one individual and the other group. Both interviews were straight forward. The questions were primarily behavioral questions, what would you do if ...