J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled two weeks after filling out an application and attaching my resume' on the J. Crew talent website. I was contacted by phone and told that the interview would be a "group style interview". It went very smoothly, and The interviewer was very attentive and split the questions among the five of us.

Interview Questions

• What is your Personal Style?   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

interview with assistant manager then store director, both are less than 10 minutes and the interview process is very fast. i had my first interview, second interview, then orientation all in under a week. they get you in very quickly if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• typical retail questions (customer service, teamwork, dress code, lateness)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Got an email a few days later to call in and schedule an interview. I interviewed with two managers. They asked behavioral questions and why they should hire you questions. It was really easy. They offered me the job on the spot.

PT Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online & was called in for an interview a couple days later. During this time, i researched J Crew to learn more about the brand. The interview went well & the manager is very professional. She asked multiple questions, like "What kind of experience do you have?" "What is a challenge you have faced in your current position & how do you overcome it?" After the interview, she gave me her business card & i emailed her a thank you letter the following day. Two days after that she called me with the offer & i accepted right away. Then i received an email about the offer & submitted my information for a background check. After the background check is received back by them, they'll call you in for 3 training days.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you've had in your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. She offered the position & wage over the phone. I accepted the offer.

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Was first tested on computer for order taking, that was very easy & passed that, then had face to face interview, The person interviewing me was very young, but told me they have been with the company 5+ years. They asked me questions about my previous jobs and then checked my answers with what I had posted on my resume. Some of the usual generic "interview questions" were asked - "tell me about a time you went above & beyond in customer service", "tell me about a time that you wish you had done something different & why", etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest to customer to go with these pants?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiting Manager contacted me first. We had a phone interview that was very in depth and really challenged me. The next step was with the district manager and was much more laid back. It was about my career goals and aspirations and where I wanted to go with J Crew. Then they moved me on to the Store Director. Our conversation was more interview questions but with specifics to her Store.

Application

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call from the store manager a few days later asking if I was still interested. Scheduled an interview and went in dressed professionally. Lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any. She sent an offer over the career website the same night. Just accept or deny the rate they give.

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Lehi, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly simple, felt like a friendly conversation about my work experience. The company is big on a positive employee environments so I could tell the interview was to get to know me on a personal level and how interact with others.

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews in person. Back to back first I met the hiring manager and then the store director. It was relatively easy. I dressed in J.Crew clothes and I was very very familiar with the magazine.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was young and very nice to me. The paperwork was voluminous but mostly involved signing in several areas. We did have to go to another store for training.

Interview Questions

• They gave us several scenarios to consider. We actually tried on clothing and discussed how to accessorize the choices.   1 Answer