J. Crew Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Waterloo, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very informal and down to earth, I really enjoyed it. Just be yourself, friendly and honest. Just be yourself, they are looking for someone that is friendly and that they would want to talk to if they were shopping

Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Got an email a few days later to call in and schedule an interview. I interviewed with two managers. They asked behavioral questions and why they should hire you questions. It was really easy. They offered me the job on the spot.

Application

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call from the store manager a few days later asking if I was still interested. Scheduled an interview and went in dressed professionally. Lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any. She sent an offer over the career website the same night. Just accept or deny the rate they give.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Torrance, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews. One with the sales manager and one with the district store manager. The entire process took about two weeks. Both interviews went well, yet no job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Jcrew? What is the difference between a client and a customer?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in June 2016.

Interview

Apply on the website and then get an email to set up an in person interview. Interview was pretty easy and I got a phone call a few days after the interview with a job offer. The day after I got the phone call I had to come in for an 8 hour paid training session

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application through Jcrew's online system. Few days went by without a response but then I saw that their reply had gone to my junk folder and I missed the time they wanted to meet. I apologized and asked to reschedule. They were very understanding and we set up an in-person interview. When I got to the store it was pretty laid back, the manager on duty took me out into the main area of the mall where we sat in some chairs and talked for a bit. They offered me a job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Sevierville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J. Crew (Sevierville, TN) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online but at the time they weren't really hiring. Couple months later they called and wanted to set up an interview. Interviewed a couple days later. The interview lasted about 10 minutes and I was offered a job on the spot. Background check took about a week to come back and once it did I was called to schedule training later that week. Training consisted of mainly paperwork and a short tour of the store. I've worked in retail so lots of training wasn't really necessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your previous work history.   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite thing about working in retail?   1 Answer
    • What's your least favorite thing about working in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

One on one with the manager, it wasn't very stressful and it was very nice talking about the culture of J.Crew and asking questions about customer service. At the end of it all it ended up more being a chat than an interview which is always great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Cherry Hill, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

I decided I really didn't want the job about 5 minutes into it. Interview took place in a seating area in the mall by one of the managers. Standard questions and I got a weird vibe from the guy. I worked for the company for 2 years in this position at another location, so I have very relevant experience. Seemed to go fine, was told I'd be contacted by the end of the week (Thurs or Fri - Interview was on a Monday). Never heard back, it's now Sunday. Kind of glad because I'd decline if they offered me the position, but also pretty rude on their part.

Interview Questions

• Examples of bad customers and how to handle, time youve gone above and beyond   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Consisted of 2 interviews. Stress-free environment. Interviews took place in the public. The environment allows you to relax, but you have to focus on the interviewer. Block out any people passing by or noises and maintain eye contact and attention on the interviewer. Not a bad interview in my opinion.