J. Crew Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.1

237 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Seasonal interviews are very quick. One interview. If you know anything about retail there shouldn't be a problem. Management will teach you the culture of the company. Customer service skills are really the key.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew in April 2017.

Interview

I came in around January and gave them my resume, they seemed interested but since it was so slow, they would only give me 1 shift a week, they said things will pick up in spring. I looked for other jobs. I just got a call last week, asking if I was still interested in a position there. I had a quick interview and was offered the position immediately

Interview Questions

• What do you think is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • Where do you personally shop   1 Answer
    • Explain a time where you had good customer service and bad customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got called for an interview in a week. Felt like the interview went great but unfortunately did not get a job offer. I assume it's because of my lack of retail experience but I don't know that for a fact.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The application was straightforward. The process took about two weeks. Interviewed in store with an individual in the HR department. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview questions were straightforward and what I would expect out of any interview. Overall the interview was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY).

Interview

go to the store to fill out an application, in-person interview with the store manager. Manager told me I was hired right after the interview. Quite easy because the store seemed to be low on workers so maybe timing really helped me get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Aurora, IL).

Interview

I filled out the application online, and I got a call to come in for an interview only a few days after I submitted it online. I went in for the interview, it was very casual and we sat outside to chat. They were more interested in getting to know who I was, even though I didn't have any prior retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through from beginning to end how you would interact with a customer who walked into the store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Little Rock, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

Was just asked a few questions about my previous jobs and why I'd like to work at J Crew.Was also asked why I want to work at J Crew. Ended up being hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an interview a week later. The interview was short, barely five minutes. I heard back within five days with an offer and accepted. The questions in the interview were simple, most about team work and how I work with others. I didn't have any other retail experience and barely any customer service but I got an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an phone call to arrange an interview. The interview was casual and easy. The interviewer asked me some questions and gave me an overview about J. Crew, including job descriptions, employees' benefits, weekly competitions etc. And I got the job offer on the spot. And when I informed the interviewer about the EAD card, he knew exactly what I was talking about and the conversation was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about the previous company you worked for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Ormond Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview toke place at a Starbucks because the store hasn't opened yet.
    I met with the manager and the questions were not too hard.
    I had came prepared had researched some interview questions.
    She offered me a job on the spot and I end up working at J.Crew seasonal.