J. Crew Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.1

248 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Very fun interview after a few times calling was asked to come in for a short maybe 30 minute interview to chat with the hiring manager. After that she called back a few days later to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

One in person interview, very easy. Interviewer was easy to talk to and just asked about my experiences and what I should expect at J Crew. The interviewer asked me if I was sociable and good with customers. The interviewer explained that the customers come from all around the world and have many different tastes and its my job to help them find what outfits they are looking for.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in September 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The manager called me 2 days after I sent in my application and wanted to sit down in person to talk. I went in to speak with her, she asked me 3 questions, and told me that I had the job after 15 minutes of speaking to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is J-Crew's brand?
      What is great customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Seasonal interviews are very quick. One interview. If you know anything about retail there shouldn't be a problem. Management will teach you the culture of the company. Customer service skills are really the key.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Hiring Manager asks you a couple of questions and asks when you would like to start if you are hired. They usually hire you on the spot if they liked you.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing customers look for?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew in April 2017.

Interview

I came in around January and gave them my resume, they seemed interested but since it was so slow, they would only give me 1 shift a week, they said things will pick up in spring. I looked for other jobs. I just got a call last week, asking if I was still interested in a position there. I had a quick interview and was offered the position immediately

Interview Questions

• What do you think is good customer service?   1 Answer
    • Where do you personally shop   1 Answer
    • Explain a time where you had good customer service and bad customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got called for an interview in a week. Felt like the interview went great but unfortunately did not get a job offer. I assume it's because of my lack of retail experience but I don't know that for a fact.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief, casual and friendly. They explained a bit about the store and how things worked. I asked about responsibilities and tasks. Overall a great place with friendly team. The entire process didnt take much time and the benefits are great!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at jcrew? what is your experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Super brief face-to-face asked about experience and why J.Crew then asked to pick out three outfits for a given scenario, presented the outfits and asked why they were chosen, got the job on the spot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The application was straightforward. The process took about two weeks. Interviewed in store with an individual in the HR department. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview questions were straightforward and what I would expect out of any interview. Overall the interview was a good experience.