J. Crew Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY).

Interview

go to the store to fill out an application, in-person interview with the store manager. Manager told me I was hired right after the interview. Quite easy because the store seemed to be low on workers so maybe timing really helped me get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Aurora, IL).

Interview

I filled out the application online, and I got a call to come in for an interview only a few days after I submitted it online. I went in for the interview, it was very casual and we sat outside to chat. They were more interested in getting to know who I was, even though I didn't have any prior retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through from beginning to end how you would interact with a customer who walked into the store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Little Rock, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

Was just asked a few questions about my previous jobs and why I'd like to work at J Crew.Was also asked why I want to work at J Crew. Ended up being hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, got an interview a week later. The interview was short, barely five minutes. I heard back within five days with an offer and accepted. The questions in the interview were simple, most about team work and how I work with others. I didn't have any other retail experience and barely any customer service but I got an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an phone call to arrange an interview. The interview was casual and easy. The interviewer asked me some questions and gave me an overview about J. Crew, including job descriptions, employees' benefits, weekly competitions etc. And I got the job offer on the spot. And when I informed the interviewer about the EAD card, he knew exactly what I was talking about and the conversation was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about the previous company you worked for.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Very casual. About 15-20 minute conversation in the mall. You don't need any past experience, they more so care about how you would treat a customer or be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• What is one positive customer service experience you have had recently and would you have done anything differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled two weeks after filling out an application and attaching my resume' on the J. Crew talent website. I was contacted by phone and told that the interview would be a "group style interview". It went very smoothly, and The interviewer was very attentive and split the questions among the five of us.

Interview Questions

• What is your Personal Style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was young and very nice to me. The paperwork was voluminous but mostly involved signing in several areas. We did have to go to another store for training.

Interview Questions

• They gave us several scenarios to consider. We actually tried on clothing and discussed how to accessorize the choices.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Phila, PA).

Interview

I came on time and I had to wait for the manager to come back. when she came back we went to a sitting area in the mall and began our interview. She was very friendly and welcoming while talking and listening to me. It began to feel like I was talking to an old friend. I was hired on the spot and I stayed there for a couple months until I got another job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in July 2016.

Interview

Two employees conducted the interview with me in the (tiny) back room adjacent to the sales floor where they proceeded to ask me a series of brief questions. It lasted approximately 10-15 minutes. Very casual. We also covered my schedule and desired hours. Questions were very easy to answer and the employees who conducted the interview were relaxed and personable. They told me what would be required of me should I be hired and asked if I myself had any questions regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of an example where you went above and beyond at work.

Why do you want to work specifically for J Crew?

What was your most difficult interaction with a customer and how did you handle the situation?

How would you describe your sense of style?
      Answer Question