J. Crew Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.1

255 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I applied on paper, then was asked back for an interview. They asked basic questions, such as time management and also questions about why I wanted to work at J. Crew, my interest in fashion

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I went into the store and had one interview. They asked me basic questions and had me put together three outfits. Put 3 outfits together, one for a date, one for a party, one for work. Also had basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Put 3 outfits together, one for a date, one for a party, one for work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Very informal, relaxed. Simple discussion about relevant experience and style preferences. Up front about employee discounts, benefits, hours, etc. The entire process took less than two weeks, and I was in constant contact with the hiring manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Very fun interview after a few times calling was asked to come in for a short maybe 30 minute interview to chat with the hiring manager. After that she called back a few days later to offer me the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

One in person interview, very easy. Interviewer was easy to talk to and just asked about my experiences and what I should expect at J Crew. The interviewer asked me if I was sociable and good with customers. The interviewer explained that the customers come from all around the world and have many different tastes and its my job to help them find what outfits they are looking for.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in September 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The manager called me 2 days after I sent in my application and wanted to sit down in person to talk. I went in to speak with her, she asked me 3 questions, and told me that I had the job after 15 minutes of speaking to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is J-Crew's brand?
      What is great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Ardmore, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Met one on one with the GM, who asked a series of questions about by career aspirations, personal style, and what customer service means to me. Overall very straightforward and professional.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Seasonal interviews are very quick. One interview. If you know anything about retail there shouldn't be a problem. Management will teach you the culture of the company. Customer service skills are really the key.

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Woodstock, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy, but took a long time to set up. There was a lot of miscommunication between the managers, which caused the associates a lot of headache. Communication from the head manager was not as what most would expect.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Hiring Manager asks you a couple of questions and asks when you would like to start if you are hired. They usually hire you on the spot if they liked you.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing customers look for?   1 Answer