J. Crew Sales Support Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

1.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from the store director to set up an in person interview. Went into the store about a week later and met with the director and it went really well. He was really personable, pleasant and easy to talk to. Director said he will see other candidates and get back to me in a few days. Received an email a few weeks later stating i didnt get chosen. Then a call about a week or so later asking if i was still interested. Started the next week. Starting pay isnt very high. Closer to minimum wage.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly quick, relaxed, and straightforward interview. They had me come into the store in the afternoon and sit down on the in-store couch with a manager. I answered some basic questions about hypothetical sales scenarios, they got to know me a little bit, and that was it. They told me they would email me soon with the results of the interview. I received a very quick response from them in the form of a job offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply to J. Crew?   1 Answer
    • Where do you buy your clothes?   1 Answer
    • What type of questions would you ask a customer to assist them in finding an outfit?   1 Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Phone interview, two in person interviews, background check/orientation. I have a non-retail career but am taking a break for my spouse's career (temporarily out of state). I thought this would be a fun way to get out of the house (with a discount) but already underwhelmed by the low pay, ridiculous scheduling, snowflakes, and excessive interview process for this menial job. Essentially three interviews where no one asked anything beyond availability. Just a waste of everyone's time.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Nashville, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and waiting for a response. A little less than two weeks later I received a call to set up an interview. It was a quick face to face interview about the position's duties and how general questions about customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is the best experience you can have with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Central Valley, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview. Applied online and got a call about 30 minutes later for a face to face interview that day. Asked pretty basic question mainly concerned about my availability. Offered a position on the spot. Started about a week later when my background check finally came through which can take awhile.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in-store and received a call back to come and interview for the sales support position. I was interviewed by two managers. We sat at a sitting area in the mall outside of the store. They got back to me within a few days and let me know I got the job.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Applied in person and was called for an Interview the next day. The interview consisted of basic questions like previous work experience, where I go to school, what I like to do in my free time etc. The most important question is what stores I liked to shop at. This is a key factor into getting the job. If you shop at stores that are more "J.Crew like" that will help you get the job. Shopping at places like hot topic and spencer won't help. Luckily for me I shopped at places fairly J.Crew like. I was offered the job on the spot as well which was amazing.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I went to the store and applied. I had a minute conversation with the manager. I wasn't really interested in a sales position, which seemed to be what they were currently hiring. Months later, I received a phone call & was asked to come in for an interview. The then manager asked me about my previous experience, what I made at my other retail job, where do I shop, and then what I would do if I saw a customer who seemed upset. After my response he made me an offer higher than my current job, and asked if I would prefer sales or sales support.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer who seemed upset?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you need to negotiate or finalize anything, act fast and be persistent! The managers are too busy to remember you or to call you back. You don't want to lose your opportunity because you waited too long!

Sales Support Associate Interview

Interview

Two interviews that consisted of my previous experiences in retail. It was basically a conversation instead of a Q&A. This makes it easier for both because it calms your nervousness and it helps them see what type of person you are. It was a lot of basic topics like " why J.crew?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I managed to raise the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

I got an application, filled it out, and turned it back in the same day. They ask a few questions when you turn it back in but nothing hard. I got a call a couple days later to come in for an interview and after the interview I was told they wanted to hire me. Pretty easy and fast process. Be sure to call them if you don't hear back as they tend to get sidetracked from hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Describe how you would handle certain customers, and go over your previous jobs. What skills are important for a sales associate to have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, she offered a rate and I accepted.