J. Crew Sales Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Sales Support Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was conducted by the manager who was very friendly and bubbly in the back of the store. Asked to tell her about myself and why I would be a good fit. Asked for my availability especially for black Friday, Christmas ve and Christmas day as well as New year's eve and New year's day. Was professional and casual at the same time. Very relaxed and felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through from beginning to end how you would interact with a customer who walked into the store.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a group interview that brought about 30+ people into a single session. They split everyone into two separate groups and the interview began. Pretty easy, just asked basic questions regarding style and other brands and really forced you to look at everyone. The interesting thing was that some people who didn't even speak up were offered a (permanent) position, so I am assuming it was mostly about style and seeing how you really just fit in with the store, the interviewer, and some of the other interviewees that vibe with the store.

Interview Questions

• What clothing brands are your favorite?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

went into store and asked if they were hiring. manager gave me an application and said they're always looking for applicants. turned application in same day. phoned the store a week later and told me they wanna proceed with an interview. was 1:1 with the asst. manager then if they proceed. you'll have a brief interview with the store manager. got hired a week later.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about urself, previous job experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I actually was interviewing for visuals, and was told I was hired for that, so I feel like there was a lack of professionalism and honesty when I started filling out my paperwork and "sales support part time" was written on it.
    The interview itself was really easy, just talk about how much you love their clothes and you have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. I wasn't even told full details about my job (honestly) until later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Application is submitted in-store only. At submission of application a manger will ask basic questions such as availability, why J Crew, and work experience. Following, a manager will reach out for an interview. My interview for a small store was pretty quick and one-on-one, with the HR manager asking many questions such as why J Crew, basic selling strategy, etc. Nothing out of left field. Then the store manager also does an interview. Few personal questions are asked, but the managers are very attentive to responses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to request a schedule I liked and negotiated a possible raise in the future based on performance.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I heard back from them after 3 weeks since I dropped the paper application off at the store. I interviewed with one manager and was asked to come back the next day. I interviewed with another manager and left the store not knowing if I was hired or not. I received a call a few days later that I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick easy questions on why you want to work there. The types of questions they ask are about how you deal with customer service, how you handle different types of service situations and how flexible are your hours you are willing to be scheduled and work.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Found about new store hiring via Craigslist. Was e-mailed by store manager and had an interview the next day. Was offered position at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Berkeley, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Walked into the store and talked to the person at the register. I filled out the application right there; he asked me why I chose J. Crew over the other stores around. After a few questions we parted ways. Looked at how I was dressed, haha. About two days afterwards I got a call from the hiring manager for an interview 3 days later on friday. The same week. We sat down somewhere outside and talked. Why J. Crew again. A Good/Bad customer service experience that I had. What about J. Crew that I like and what makes it stand out. I received a call monday asking for an interview with the store director the next friday. Again, we went somewhere we can sit down. Asked the same question and how I would handle a disappointed customer. Pretty straight forward. Went good, had some laughs. Said they would contact me somewhere between monday- wednesday. Got a call wednesday offering me the job. Really straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why and how does J. Crew stand out from stores such as Banana Republic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Call from the hiring manager and gave me the base pay of $9.00/hr. Would move up from there through experience.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was nice, simple and easy. I came out a review, so the questions were easier but still made me think. Hiring process was easy, though the training video a bit dull. We sat at a table in the mall, joked around a lot and had a general easy and good time with the manager. He hired me on the spot and came in a few days later to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult experience with a customer, explain how you handled it and if applicable what you could have done better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure your job description is clear, if possible in writing.