J. Crew Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at J. Crew

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

First you take your application to the store in person. The store manager on site will ask you a few basic questions, like why you want to work there and what experience do you have. If they like you then they will call you in for an interview with the store director - that's Mark. Mark will ask questions about the store like "what is unique about J. Crew?" or "why do you want to work here instead of Banana Republic?"

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if a customer was extremely unhappy with a product and wanted a full refund, but was past the refund date?" The answer is, you take it back anyways. Customer Service is very important at J. Crew.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I responded to a craigslist posting. They asked if I had retail experience. They said bring my resume. I had 2 interviews back to back. It was pretty fast paced and straight forward. they asked why I want to work there. where I worked before, standard interview questions. Tell about a difficult time with a customer. tell about a good manager or leader. What are my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• If I could work anywhere in the world where would that be? They asked what kind of work I want to do. Also if I was available holidays and overnight.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I dropped off my application at the store and they contacted me soon after for an interview. We had a short interview with normal interview questions and it was a very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in retail, and more specifically, why J. Crew?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied via email to a Craigslist posting for the position. Was then called by the store manager and asked to apply via their internal careers page. Had an interview a few days after. It was a joint interview at a coffee shop down the street, we were both offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly based on what we liked about JCrew and the manager talking about the needs of that specific store. It was apparent that we both would be offered positions within 10 minutes of the interview starting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Sherman Oaks, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview - five others including myself were taken outside the store to a near by eating court that was half empty to have the group interview at. It was a very positive and thankfully less nerve-wrecking than other group interviews I have had. The manager made a great introduction with a background on what the position will entail reminded us since it is seasonal it is part-time and we will most likely work 4 - 5 hours per week.... so he was formal but also super cool casual. He busted out jokes to lighten up the mood. The interview was constructed in a ordered manner. He wanted to know who we all were so he pointed at someone to start the introduction till the next person and so on. This was probably the best interview I've ever experienced, chill and casual but he cared and listened very carefully to what we all were saying, he made sure to pay attention to key-words that we all included within our answers to each of his questions. The key-words that we all included were related to Customer Service to Sales Associate. When he spotted a key-word he would let us finish and would repeat the key-word and thank the person for bringing out that great point and explaining further to everyone WHY that key-word was a great mention and how it WILL be NEEDED action wise in our position - if we get the job. In all the manager asked 3 - 4 questions. After the interview, he wrapped up by saying how he expects the hired employee(s) to work during the holidays and not frequently make excuses to hang out with family when you're suppose to be helping out in the store, be respectful to coming early for work, etc. The questions he asked were circled around Customer Service and personality questions as well as how you will contribute to the job, Why he should hire you and what you will bring to J.Crew...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you served the best customer service? If you never had retail experience, give out an answer about a situation you were in that you were treated with the best customer experience...that's what I did and he was cool with the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I first got a call from the manager to come for an interview after applying online. The manager was friendly and nice in person. The interview questions can be difficult if you don't prepare yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for us? Tell me about a customer service experience. Tell me about the importance of teamwork and if they weren't getting along. Tell me your three strengths.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Asheville, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I was walked to back and the hiring manager and one of the store managers went with me. The hiring manager asked the questions. Then she offered the job on the spot. It was concise, comfortable and even enjoyable.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Charleston, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

Long. It started with group interviews during store hours. Kind of intimidating. Then the group interviews got smaller and finally one on one. They asked a lot of questions about your person schedule and why you want to be at J. Crew.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Miami, FL).

Interview

Simple and straightforward, basic questions that are oftentimes asked in a retail environment. Great to interview with somebody that doesn't make it difficult and knows exactly what to ask.

Interview Questions

• Why JCrew?
      Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
      How would you describe our style to clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Princeton, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

it was really easy i swear. they asked if i did retail before i said yes and they just gave me the job and said could start they wanted me

Interview Questions

• have you worked retail before?   1 Answer