J. Crew Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.0

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I participated in a total of 2 in person interviews, one individual and the other group. Both interviews were straight forward. The questions were primarily behavioral questions, what would you do if ...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J. Crew

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Interview was conducted by the manager who was very friendly and bubbly in the back of the store. Asked to tell her about myself and why I would be a good fit. Asked for my availability especially for black Friday, Christmas ve and Christmas day as well as New year's eve and New year's day. Was professional and casual at the same time. Very relaxed and felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Skokie, IL).

Interview

I walked in to the store and asked for an application. The interview was really informal and brief. interview was in the back room. I was hired on the spot for a seasonal sales position.

Interview Questions

• If I had sales experience (no), what I wanted my schedule to be like, other basic questions. Nothing tricky.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Miami, FL).

Interview

Simple and straightforward, basic questions that are oftentimes asked in a retail environment. Great to interview with somebody that doesn't make it difficult and knows exactly what to ask.

Interview Questions

• Why JCrew?
      Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
      How would you describe our style to clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

waited a for a bit on the second floor. the interview was held towards the back of the second floor in crewcuts, the human resources manager at the time was lovely and the interview was pretty laid back. I was called back being told I received the job less than an hour later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I first got a call from the manager to come for an interview after applying online. The manager was friendly and nice in person. The interview questions can be difficult if you don't prepare yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for us? Tell me about a customer service experience. Tell me about the importance of teamwork and if they weren't getting along. Tell me your three strengths.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Sherman Oaks, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview - five others including myself were taken outside the store to a near by eating court that was half empty to have the group interview at. It was a very positive and thankfully less nerve-wrecking than other group interviews I have had. The manager made a great introduction with a background on what the position will entail reminded us since it is seasonal it is part-time and we will most likely work 4 - 5 hours per week.... so he was formal but also super cool casual. He busted out jokes to lighten up the mood. The interview was constructed in a ordered manner. He wanted to know who we all were so he pointed at someone to start the introduction till the next person and so on. This was probably the best interview I've ever experienced, chill and casual but he cared and listened very carefully to what we all were saying, he made sure to pay attention to key-words that we all included within our answers to each of his questions. The key-words that we all included were related to Customer Service to Sales Associate. When he spotted a key-word he would let us finish and would repeat the key-word and thank the person for bringing out that great point and explaining further to everyone WHY that key-word was a great mention and how it WILL be NEEDED action wise in our position - if we get the job. In all the manager asked 3 - 4 questions. After the interview, he wrapped up by saying how he expects the hired employee(s) to work during the holidays and not frequently make excuses to hang out with family when you're suppose to be helping out in the store, be respectful to coming early for work, etc. The questions he asked were circled around Customer Service and personality questions as well as how you will contribute to the job, Why he should hire you and what you will bring to J.Crew...

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you served the best customer service? If you never had retail experience, give out an answer about a situation you were in that you were treated with the best customer experience...that's what I did and he was cool with the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied via email to a Craigslist posting for the position. Was then called by the store manager and asked to apply via their internal careers page. Had an interview a few days after. It was a joint interview at a coffee shop down the street, we were both offered positions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly based on what we liked about JCrew and the manager talking about the needs of that specific store. It was apparent that we both would be offered positions within 10 minutes of the interview starting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Princeton, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

it was really easy i swear. they asked if i did retail before i said yes and they just gave me the job and said could start they wanted me

Interview Questions

• have you worked retail before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (Asheville, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

I was walked to back and the hiring manager and one of the store managers went with me. The hiring manager asked the questions. Then she offered the job on the spot. It was concise, comfortable and even enjoyable.