J.D. Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

PIN Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Detroit, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I got referred by the HR director of the company (with whom I got in touch through LinkedIn). Within 2 weeks, I had a phone screening with the Director of PIN Consulting and Analytics. The interview was mainly to guage my career interests and how can I be a good fit for the role. Second interview was also telephonic and mainly revolved around the automotive project I did during my previous work experience. Third round was case round. I was given 4 business cases via email and 1 hour to solve, after they called me over webex to discuss the case solutions. This round mainly focused on analytical ability, critical thinking and time management skills.

Although I did not get an offer but I had a very positive experience about the company and people who work there. I would definitely want to be a part of the firm some day.

Interview Questions

• Why PIN Consulting and JD Power
      Brain Teaser to test analytical ability
      Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

one HR phone interview they asked some basic question, then Panel interview via phone they asked lots of basic question again and few technical questions. last step was onsite interview. people are nice, the location is good.
    the whole process took more than 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions for the first round; technical questions   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The interview process was professional and cordial. I felt there was good chemistry between the interviewer and myself. The interviewer told me my resume and experience were inline for the position. He explained what the next interview would consist of and that I would make it to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Very basic. Interviewer talked more about the position than asking questions. More like a get to know each other meeting. I was invited back for a second round of interviews and then they called and cancelled.   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.D. Power in December 2015.

Interview

Had two separate sessions. First session was three hours and met with three different teams that had at least three representatives from each team. Second session was 1-hour interview with future supervisor and team lead. The second session also included a written skills assessment.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviews are schedules for 3 hour blocks. The first hour is set aside for a testing on basic English skills that isn't overly difficult. You than have two half hour blocks with two research team managers. They will ask you basic information on yourself and your previous work experience/qualifications. Overall it is a trying and exhaustive process so come prepared.

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about yourself.. who are you?
      -How has your previous work experience prepared you for this role?
      -Why J.D Power?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't ask for a certain salary. Instead, make it clear that you won't go under a certain amount. For example "I can't go below 40,000." Let them make the first offer.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Received an email the same day applied online for a phone interview. It was a screening call to see if you salary requests were reasonable that lasted no longer than 10 minutes. Set up a second phone interview with the supervisor for 30 minutes. Call was both professional and quick. A relaxed interview, but not long enough to really get to discuss work potentials.

Interview Questions

• They asked to explain a little about yourself and how you have come to where you are.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Troy, MI).

Interview

Basic work experience questions. Also asked situational questions to gauge how I would preform daily tasks on the job. Interviewed with two separate individuals back-to-back from the specific team that I would eventually join. Then completed a test that they used to gauge my data analysis and report writing skills. Entire interview process was only one day and took just over 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple tasks that have varying priorities?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I went into the office and spoke with 4 different people in 3 20 minute long interviews. They were very casual and did not ask technical questions. They just want to know if you are a competent, hard working, positive person. I also had to take a 30 minute test that was constituted of basic math and data analysis. Not hard and they provided a calculator. Many other people who weren't interviewing me dropped by in between interviews just to introduce themselves. Everyone wore jeans.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a staffing agency. I interviewed with the staffing agency and with the research department. Overall the interview process was very straight-forward. The questions asked were mainly about my skills set, and a few were about my ability to work in a team environment. The people I interviewed with were very nice and knowledgeable about the work they produce.

Market Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called in by a recruiter from a recruiting agency and asked some basic questions about my skill set. They organized an in-person interview at JD Power about two days afterwards. They offered me the job later that same day.