J.D. Power Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.6

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

one HR phone interview they asked some basic question, then Panel interview via phone they asked lots of basic question again and few technical questions. last step was onsite interview. people are nice, the location is good.
    the whole process took more than 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions for the first round; technical questions   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I went into the office and spoke with 4 different people in 3 20 minute long interviews. They were very casual and did not ask technical questions. They just want to know if you are a competent, hard working, positive person. I also had to take a 30 minute test that was constituted of basic math and data analysis. Not hard and they provided a calculator. Many other people who weren't interviewing me dropped by in between interviews just to introduce themselves. Everyone wore jeans.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through a staffing agency. I interviewed with the staffing agency and with the research department. Overall the interview process was very straight-forward. The questions asked were mainly about my skills set, and a few were about my ability to work in a team environment. The people I interviewed with were very nice and knowledgeable about the work they produce.

Market Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called in by a recruiter from a recruiting agency and asked some basic questions about my skill set. They organized an in-person interview at JD Power about two days afterwards. They offered me the job later that same day.

Automotive Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Orange, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Multiple Interviewers from multiple levels of the organization conduct interviews. Tests are given for all entry level positions, showing math and writing skills. For advanced positions tests are given for solving business problems. I had 4 business cases to solve and present on the phone to the entire team with only 1 hour to work and construct my presentation

Interview Questions

• Do you plan to grow with the company? We are looking for long term employees.   2 Answers

Senior Data Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, phone interview with manager, invite to fly out to HQ (they paid) and met with several people. I also had 2 phone interviews with people before I flew out.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were personal type questions - "tell me about your background," and about how I would handle different scenarios.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA).

Interview

Got a phone call scheduling the interview then met with 2 groups of people. They were all managers from the group I applied to. They asked about my work experience and what I knew about cars. They told me what the job entails and what I would be doing day to day. Then I took a test that tested basic grammar, math, and statistic knowledge. They said day to day tasks is entering data on excel spreadsheets or verifying numbers match up from their consumer surveys. Sounds really monotonous and boring.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of consumer reports and reviews   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Recruiter call, followed by hiring manager call. Hiring manager will make sure you have the skills they are looking for....Next step would be in person interview.

Make sure to find out about the work place, as they make people sit in open areas with no privacy & storage space.

Negotiation

No negotiation, very adament

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Westlake Village, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a day long, you talked to multiple people and they all were very nice. I really wanted to work there because of what they did. To bad the did not practice the same values on the associates/ employees.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.D. Power (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was easy, although you are tested on your administrative ability no matter how much experience you have. Everyone seemed super friendly and happy to be there. I got to meet several associates and enjoyed the process.